Author Topic: Land of dreams  (Read 8042 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Land of dreams
« on: May 17, 2018, 02:26:52 PM »
Well... I have created a new game mode that includes all created levels from Invasion: Going Personal.  :)  It haven't been meant to be any part of my main project in Platform Builder but as well a lot of you have said that the game is hard so you probably are even not able to see everything from my game it is reasonable to allow you to play my levels in your preferred order. That is why I am not going to remove this selection before every level for my game have been made perhaps for long. You can now choose if you wish to play on storyline or prefer to choose one level from the collection for trying.

Land of dreams includes also the latest level that I am working with. It's flying with a vehicle so may-be you wish to check this out.  ::)  Every course in a collection of single levels includes a sign about where you are entering which describes the level also.
'
Consider this as my simplified version of the game that now you just can access everywhere and see about what's new instead of trying to beat everything in a row! Land of dreams is not done yet. I also plan to allow you to access every checkpoint. This will mean that you should be able to play almost every kind of challenge, puzzle and boss that my game includes without being skilled enough soon.
Note that in Land of dreams you can't beat the game! If you want to beat the game you still have to do it required way but may-be you rather just prefer a playing experience.  8)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:37:24 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Land of dreams
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 04:22:40 PM »
Good! I would still make my simplified version, but this Is a good approach. Could you share your vehicle sprites in the resource section?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 04:45:50 PM »
About the vehicle sprites not yet I can do. Sprites exists already but I just made those for testing if such thing really can be done and then just for making that vehicle but the actual sprite about how I imagine it to look haven't been made. Now if I know that race levels can be made such way I am going to draw such sprite yet. For now you would get just some kind of scratch made for testing.

I however, can give some new sprites yet. I have updated my project and also I brought back original sprites so my spritesheet does not overwrite anything anymore. :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 04:46:56 PM »
Okay. Thanks!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 04:51:55 PM »
Sure! I plan to release my resources soon. :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 01:38:38 PM »
Very nice! It's cool and exactly what every fan (like me) wants!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 09:07:00 AM »
Thank you too, Christian Game Maker, for your warm comment on this page but also you should make some update on your website to be honest. :) My recourses on your site are outdated. Those are not in use anymore and unnecessary if you now can apply my sprites and tiles without replacing original stuff inside PB.
Check out from Antikore's website! :) Some tilesets and sprite sheets should be replaced and some of those can be added.
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 04:29:22 AM »
I did some work on my resource page. I don't know why I didn't finish it.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 09:31:55 PM »
Using new timelines and command prompt, I tried to experiment if it is possible to make monkeys... With my previous tricks to use enemies and items for triggers also, I was able to make it.
So here it comes. :)

However, what do you think is going to happen in this level? This challenge is waiting for you in a game called as Invasion: Going Personal very soon. ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:33:55 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 08:19:48 PM »
I'm not sure what to put into this level Allar. I think I can make monkey sprites, bananna sprites, and such to make your monkeys look better!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 11:02:15 PM »
Really? :D Your guess was correct. Well, at least partly... :P This challenge from this video includes monkeys and bananas and even more sprites than 2 for the enemy but did I asked someones help? What do you think why I let people think what is going to happen? Just have another game! :) This game has been already updated. I am not sure if my work looks great yet but I can say at least that expect even more updates for this level!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 11:05:33 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 11:22:55 PM »
Okay... ???

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2018, 02:59:25 PM »
Your "Okay" seems to be quitting rather than accepting. ::) It feels a bit inaccurate for me if people even are not using the product being so outdated and offering their help. This is why my previous post may seem a bit stark. However, after that, I posted the previous post I began to think that maybe you even played my game instead of just watching the video and guessing from the name of the video and yellow boomerangs that looks a bit like bananas. So maybe you actually did see my monkey and banana sprites.
If so and my monkey sprites just don't look good then, of course, you can help and make your own sprites. I actually showed my lately created sprites also to Ting_Thing and asked if those are looking good, realistic and he said that my sprites are looking great but he also may have said that for being polite.

Needing help or not is a conditional thing also. For example, I would appreciate if people would test my game if I have linked everything properly etc. because my game is quite a long already and perhaps I also don't reach to find everything but people even are not going to play my game. :-\  Making my game to be easier is a bit difficult for me, yes because even most Super Mario games are more difficult than Invasion: Going Personal at least for now.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:13:59 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 01:35:11 AM »

I said okay because I didn't really know what you said. That's why I used that face in the message. I haven't seen the level in the game yet. So I didn't know that you already had the monkey sprites. I'll check the level out soon!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 01:37:35 AM »
Oh, and I am a Mario game expert. I think your game is harder. Mario games can be difficult, but usually not as hard as yours. Mario Forever is a bit difficult because of the way the physics are. And the levels have a much more difficult design.