Author Topic: Invasion: Going Personal  (Read 44572 times)

Turqo

• I'm here, then I'm not
  • Level 4: Sparr
  • toad voice lol
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion: Going Personal
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2019, 05:56:25 PM »
Thank you very much, Alley!  :)

As you said, it can be frustrating at times, but I find it a "fun" sort of frustrating. I enjoy challenging games over easier games, sometimes, because they're way more satisfying to complete and I usually spend more time with them. However, the challenge needs to be fair for it to be not "annoying" frustrating.
Currently Working on: a super, special, secret game thing (and Adventure Joruney: Origins)
Have a great day!

- Turqo

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2019, 10:45:58 PM »
My game is going to be easier a lot hopefully if you collect a lot of coins and buy things from the shop. :) Shops will come soon to my game!
Alley (T_Alj5)

Turqo

• I'm here, then I'm not
  • Level 4: Sparr
  • toad voice lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2019, 11:08:24 PM »
Cool! I love in-game shops; they give a reason for in-game currency.
Currently Working on: a super, special, secret game thing (and Adventure Joruney: Origins)
Have a great day!

- Turqo

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2019, 12:08:35 AM »
WOW! I LLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVEEEE SHOPS! My game will have those. You will also have a shop for every level in ASM. I get it from Yoshis Wooly World. You can get special powers (called power badges) that last for 1 level that let you do cool things. Also, you can unlock special powers in ASM (coming soon hopefully!) and Yoshis Wooly World.

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2019, 12:56:58 PM »
Good! Shops give a reason to collect money!
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2019, 03:06:06 PM »
Shops weren't my compliance to the people to make my game easier. :) It has been in my mind for long already and that is why my game also has coins inside the levels from a period on when coins were available in PB.

As you probably all can see, until today, I have focused mostly on the levels, mostly special and boss fight levels and that is why my game also has become harder and harder rather than contrary. I also use some complicated mechanics for new obstacles, look, etc so a lot of levels can't be made easier that easily just by moving one or some objects... And I want my levels to keep looking a certain way as well.
Now, I have tired of working with levels like we all do when working with the same project because those cost a lot of time and I need some change. For some amount of time I now still plan to work with the same project for more efficiency but with something different in it. This would be shops, new intro about the creator and the game, new Land of Dreams and title and menus also.  ::)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2019, 08:55:47 PM »
This is how shops are made! 5 star shops! Great job Alley!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2019, 11:46:32 PM »
Good to know. :) I am also working with Achievements on a way that PB should allow to make. This is a feature inside the inventory where your gain medals for your progress. The most important things to do would be beating Metal Plugger, The Gruppy Leader and beating the game.
This maybe adds some more reason to beat my game because secret keys with achievements can be sent to me for being public experts on my public pages but only story mode can get you the archievements. :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 11:47:34 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2019, 05:26:33 PM »
My awarding system seems to be ready also for upgrading strength. Maximum HP was limited to 10 which mean it will be not on sale if you reach it and get a Gold Upgrade medal for bringing you max health to maximum possible. You also can improve your missing achievements from Land of Dreams but only if you reach to Land of Dreams by beating the game from Story mode.  8)

Achievements will be used also for secrets if there will be added some secret paths, world and such. Just send me your secret key and you can prove your achievements to be public any of my public pages! Your achievements will not be removed when you should lose your progress and start over but please don't share your secret keys with no one but me!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:33:04 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2019, 08:24:34 PM »
I don't quite understand this thing about keys.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2019, 08:40:29 PM »
I think you will understand better after that you have made some progress in later versions of IGP. :) However, I may explain how everything looks in more details.

The game will not notice you about a newly arrived reward at least for now but you can check your achievements at any time. If you have got something then you will see what exactly do you have from the corresponding slot.

In the screenshot, a secret key is hidden for you for a fair play but if you get a reward a corresponding key must be sent to me in order to get a reward publically. Otherwise, you just can see it in your own PC. ::) Just in case: When you will send that key you also must send it so it would have every small and big letter exactly as shown in your progress.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:53:50 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2019, 05:29:07 PM »
How do you randomly generate a key?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2019, 06:47:32 PM »
My system is quite easy as I don't have any complicated systems outside PB. The secret key at least for now is always different only per each medal. This is why it is highly important that you won't share this key with anyone except with me. Because I think also you wouldn't want that someone would get a reward for something which is thanks to your hard work.

I just have written each reward separately for the items and those will be given to the player if watching your slots from your achievements depending on how game variables are currently set. Every time if you complete something required those variables will change and so visually also your rewards will change. :)
Currently, I have had no need to randomize those keys as well it would be difficult for me to plan how to read those from the members in certain times. And my game is not that popular so I don't think someone is going to sell or buy those keys. :D  Consider those secret keys as passwords in TV games that allows jumping to a certain level! My secret keys, however, can be sent to me for public rewards!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 06:56:24 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2019, 08:19:32 PM »
I get it. I think your game is more popular than you think. ;)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2019, 08:39:09 PM »
That's good to know. :) Then my game popularity seems to be barely visible. :D
Alley (T_Alj5)