Author Topic: New Forum Website!!  (Read 3405 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
New Forum Website!!
« on: February 17, 2018, 07:13:19 AM »
Hi everyone,

If you are viewing this, then you found your way to the new Platform Builder Forum page! Woo!!  :yay!:

Why the move?
1) The forums are now  a part of ThePlatformBuilder.com, allowing for a more professional website name and keeping everything under one roof.
2) The forums have many more options for skins and themes. Did you notice? You can even change the look if you click on "profile" and under "modify profile" select "look and layout."
3) More administration controls for me to putz with. These forums are powered by Simple Machines forums and there are extension packages and new layouts which can I can install as the administrator. This means that you can even suggest a feature for the forums and I can check to see if someone has an an extension for the kind of thing you're looking for.  :sleezy:

I know that this means some of our past discussions will be lost, but feel free to literally copy and paste topics from the old forums onto these new ones.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:17:34 PM by TingThing »

seggaw

Re: New Forum Website!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 08:33:17 PM »
Wow... It feels so special to have your own forum domain...  8)
I was using Tapatalk mobile app before, now it won't be as straightforward... Ah, I think it's worth it  ;D :)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 05:58:38 PM »
Ahhh.... Memories...

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 06:00:19 PM »
Wait a minute... This was posted Feb 17th? This was exactly 1 month after I joined the old forums! That's interesting!