Author Topic: About TingThing, Developer of Platform Builder  (Read 5892 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
About TingThing, Developer of Platform Builder
« on: February 24, 2018, 01:53:35 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is TingThing, the developer of Platform Builder. Thanks for checking out these forums!

I love making games! I've always enjoyed it! Even when I was young, the level editor was always my favorite part of a game because you could make your own stuff. When I got older, I wanted to learn how to make my own games, so I got into Game Maker. Today, I use Game Maker to develop Platform Builder, a toolkit which allows you to create your own Platformer games. So I'm like a Platformer Game Maker Maker with Game Maker, I guess. I'm on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube. Here are all of the links:

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube

In the world of Platform Builder, I go by TingThing. My real name is Matthew Tingblad. I have a personal website, MatthewTingblad.com, where I share about my relationship with God as a Christian. Our world is filled with spiritual confusion and uncertainty, so I try my best to supply loving and thoughtful information from my perspective as someone convinced in the resurrection of Jesus.

These are introduction forums. But if you're under 18, please don't post personal information about yourself like I just did with my name. In fact, it's best to never post information like this unless you really know what you're doing. ;)

Feel free to write to me about anything! I'm happy to help however I can. Enjoy using Platform Builder!

Yours,
TingThing
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 02:24:29 AM by TingThing »

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: About TingThing, Developer of Platform Builder
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 06:20:33 PM »
The same about me.  :)  I enjoyed games from the early childhood on and when others grew up from this then I am still interested one. Builders and editors inside the games was my favourite ones because making my own levels is always a chance to release my own world. But my logic was that all those games have been done by someone so also I should be able to make something by myself may-be.  ::)  One day I wanted to make my own 3D map for Doom and as well internet includes every kind of stuff often I thought that is it possible to make Doom maps. It could refer something to a Doom Builder so I just tried to type a words like "Doom Builder" to a search and there it really was. I was so excited and downloaded it immediatelly. It was different from what I imagined but it allowed to make something exactly that I dreamed about and so I was going to learn and I realized that it is not too difficult at all.  O:-)

But a lot of harder is to find a people who would fit with my personality and interests so I think I should keep myself here because it is lead by a smart but also by a very tolerant guy whom with it's pleasure to communicate with.  8)  Too bad that a time is so pathetically short.  :-\
Alley (T_Alj5)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 07:11:37 PM »
It's strange, xD, my first games to play in my childhood were MS-DOS games and some NES games, but when I was born, the games at that moment were NGC and probably DS, also that happens to me with music.

Also, my favourite part of games are the Level Editors xD.
In Duck Game I had created 80 levels, that is a little less than the actual total levels the game offers officially (92), and this past summer they added some oficial levels (11).
Also TrackMania is my favourite racing game, and...
Guess what! It has a level editor xD xD
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 02:13:32 AM »
FYI, I just updated my original post here.

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 04:48:49 PM »
Did I ever mention that you're awesome Ting Thing?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 06:20:06 PM »
I think that these kind of things really should be told more often... ::)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:20:17 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 03:35:22 AM »
I agree.