Author Topic: Late Join, Late Introduction  (Read 3880 times)

Turqo

• I'm here, then I'm not
  • Level 4: Sparr
  • toad voice lol
    • View Profile
Late Join, Late Introduction
« on: June 15, 2018, 06:14:16 PM »
Hi there! I'm TheEpicz1.

You may know me from the old forums, as I'm sure some of you do. I enjoy using Platform Builder a lot, whether that be making levels and games, or playing levels and games. I used to play Mario Builder a lot, just like many others here. I also played Sickman's Bad Luck before I played MB (One of ThingThing's earlier games), not knowing it was created by TingThing, until I went back to it years later. I discovered Platform Builder from TingThing's newer Youtube Channel and the Mario Builder Manual. It's a great program, and I use it quite often now!

My favourite genre of Video Games has always been Platformers. I'm a fan of both 3D and 2D ones, whether that be Mario, Sonic, Donkey Kong (Specifically the Country Series), Yoshi, Kirby, Megaman, Rayman, Banjo-Kazooie, Battletoads, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon and more! I also like Adventure games and Action RPGs quite a bit. However, my favourite parts of games have always been the Level Editors. I love making levels and games just as much as playing them (Including Level Editors, and Programming).

So, that's what brought me to Platform Builder! I started learning more complicated programs a while ago, like GameMaker, Clickteam Fusion and RPG Maker. I've even dabbled in languages like JavaScript and HTML. However, that won't stop me from enjoying simple, but powerful level editors, like Platform Builder.

Expect to see me around the forums and PB in general!

Feel free to message me.

Have fun Building, Playing and Sharing!

Thanks!
Currently Working on: a super, special, secret game thing (and Adventure Joruney: Origins)
Have a great day!

- Turqo

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Re: Late Join, Late Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 06:57:28 PM »
Sounds great, I'm glad that Platform Builder is working out for you, even though you know more complicated things!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 12:33:18 AM »

Hi there! I'm TheEpicz1.

You may know me from the old forums, as I'm sure some of you do. I enjoy using Platform Builder a lot, whether that be making levels and games, or playing levels and games. I used to play Mario Builder a lot, just like many others here. I also played Sickman's Bad Luck before I played MB (One of ThingThing's earlier games), not knowing it was created by TingThing, until I went back to it years later. I discovered Platform Builder from TingThing's newer Youtube Channel and the Mario Builder Manual. It's a great program, and I use it quite often now!

My favourite genre of Video Games has always been Platformers. I'm a fan of both 3D and 2D ones, whether that be Mario, Sonic, Donkey Kong (Specifically the Country Series), Yoshi, Kirby, Megaman, Rayman, Banjo-Kazooie, Battletoads, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon and more! I also like Adventure games and Action RPGs quite a bit. However, my favourite parts of games have always been the Level Editors. I love making levels and games just as much as playing them (Including Level Editors, and Programming).

So, that's what brought me to Platform Builder! I started learning more complicated programs a while ago, like GameMaker, Clickteam Fusion and RPG Maker. I've even dabbled in languages like JavaScript and HTML. However, that won't stop me from enjoying simple, but powerful level editors, like Platform Builder.

Expect to see me around the forums and PB in general!

Feel free to message me.

Have fun Building, Playing and Sharing!

Thanks!
Battle Toads also?  O:-) Wow, I am not the only one here who likes this game. Then come and view my Invasion: Going Personal project also to hopefully get some Battle Toads feeling again. My game has something inspired by this. ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:36:16 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 06:37:05 PM »
I'm glad you are posting more often! And that you finally moved!

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 02:45:24 AM »
Battle Toads also?  O:-) Wow, I am not the only one here who likes this game. Then come and view my Invasion: Going Personal project also to hopefully get some Battle Toads feeling again. My game has something inspired by this. ;)

figured Battletoads was the reason why you made invasion: going personal so difficult

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 01:23:39 PM »
Battletoads? That isn't Mario toads right? I honestly don't know anything about it.

Turqo

• I'm here, then I'm not
  • Level 4: Sparr
  • toad voice lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 08:16:15 PM »
Thanks for all the replies, everyone!

And yes, I did put in Battletoads! I enjoy the game, even though it's a hard as nails... I can also see where your inspiration came from, Alley! I did somewhat include it in my list of games because of you  ;) I noticed that you like the game, as I do too, so I included it.

To Christian Game Maker

Battletoads is an arcade/NES game created by Rareware (A.K.A: Rare). You'll probably know them from making the Classic Donkey Kong Country Series or the Banjo-Kazooie Series (There are many more games they've, but I won't name them).

Battletoads is a really hard beat 'em up. That's about all you need to know  :D Also, now I realised that I put it in a list of platformers, which it doesn't fit in. Whoops  :P

It's a great game though; a classic.
Currently Working on: a super, special, secret game thing (and Adventure Joruney: Origins)
Have a great day!

- Turqo

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 09:24:10 PM »
Ah... Thanks! I wish I got more comments though... :( .....................................

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 03:27:11 PM »
figured Battletoads was the reason why you made invasion: going personal so difficult
Yeah... Considering that you are the next one who says that a difficulty is a characteristic feature for my game and Battle Toads is difficult too then yeah... Good point! However, a difficulty in my game has nothing to do with Battle Toads. I just started my project from the best parts on which are bosses and final levels when you even weren't here yet and like in most of the games, I also think that last levels should be rather difficult ones. So, I gave my best to make my levels hard and sometimes I felt I failed with it when I tested by myself but entering this forum I can take this as a compliment, I actually didn't fail. And still so far, I have only final and special levels to show which mean my game is rather difficult for now but I try to make some other levels that are much simpler. :)
Some things that I took from Battle Toads are bosses, for example, and now a race type also. Like in Battle Toads, in my game the main villain is going to be faster and more aggressive even more when you hit your opponent and comes back again and again when he was beaten. Race type in my game includes flying with a plane which is used to dodge several kinds of obstacles and goes even harder when you have reach to farther and farther.

To see some examples about where did I get some inspirations from Battle Toads, click here!

Thanks for all the replies, everyone!

And yes, I did put in Battletoads! I enjoy the game, even though it's a hard as nails... I can also see where your inspiration came from, Alley! I did somewhat include it in my list of games because of you  ;) I noticed that you like the game, as I do too, so I included it.
I am glad that my efforts for some more Battle Toads challenges in PB worked for you which made you also to get some inspiration from Battle Toads when working with PB. Yeah, Battle Toads is hard already from the third level on in turbo tunnels so the heart is beating like crazy when beating something at last but it is worth it because this game is so awesome and cool. ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 03:46:20 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 03:30:35 PM »
I tried the rocket car race, it's harder than you made it look in your video.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 03:41:53 PM »
You mean that you tried my level that includes plane racing, right? :) Because my game have no rocket car, at least not yet...
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 03:45:16 PM »
Yes. I consider it a rocket car. I don't know why, but it seems more like a rocket car than a plane. I suggested a particle creator to make it look like there's exhaust coming out of it. With flames too. :)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 04:06:10 PM »
I think that's what I also told about when you said it looks easier... :P A lot of videos that shows about the gameplay seems easier than it actually is. And when you play something by yourself which is very hard but see some pro then it looks so easy. at the same time, you know that actually, it isn't.
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 04:16:20 PM »
Yeah...