Author Topic: MATT'S ADVENTURE  (Read 26298 times)

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
MATT'S ADVENTURE
« on: August 17, 2018, 05:35:44 PM »
MATT ADVENTURE
LATEST NEWS
https://youtu.be/otbfo-L2tlY
ABOUT THE GAME
This all started in August 2018, when I bought Platform Builder. I was a bit deceived by the example file. And I wanted to make a game that would truly demonstrate PB capacities. Yeah, this was Matt Adventure original purpose. But when PB moved to Steam, I struggled at validating the redeem key, and then I forgot PB. I could have been just a temporary passion, but 1 year later, I finally entered the Steam Key, and decided to work again on the project. And I seen that many people on the forum were disappointed that the game was dead. And now, the game development goes pretty well.
PLANNING
I don't know when the full game will be out, but I plan to release a short demo for March 2019.
Q&A
•Is the game really supposed to promote Platform Builder ?
Well, not anymore, because TingThing never authorized this game to be advertising for Platform Builder. But if it gets people to play PB, I'd be very happy!
•The graphics are very different from Platform Builder usual stuff !
Yeah, it is intended to be nes-stylized graphics. Like Shovel Knight, it will use the real nes color palette, but it will have a bigger resolution than nes games.
•Sounds like The Adventure of Super Mike 1.
Because originally, it was intended to be the same type of game as ASM ! With Mario-like gameplay and many levels ! Altought, the new Matt Adventure will have more linear levels, and not-so-mario physics. I choosed to change physics because during my inactivity period, I played some excellent non-mario platformers: The Messenger, Shovel Knight and Megaman 11. So I wanted to make a platformer that plays more like Megaman than Mario. Altought it will have still many Mario mechanics, like item blocks, stomp attack, and power-ups !
•What will be the business model of the game ?
It will NOT be free, altought it won't be too expensive, around 4.99$. Like a normal game.
•What platforms the game will be available on ?
Windows of course, also I consider to make Mac and Ubuntu ports. I don't consider to make a Switch port because of the license cost. Altought if I get the money (800$) I will consider to make a Switch port.
•Will the demo be on explore section ?
Sadly no. Only on exe.
MORE UPDATES COMING SOON, STAY TUNED!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 07:21:32 PM by War555MainsGanon »
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: MATT'S ADVENTURE : A Platform Builder Promotional Game
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 07:12:24 PM »

How cool! It looks like I'll have some competition with my game which is about as big, and as good as this one. I do have a head start since my game's first demo is almost complete.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 11:31:35 PM »
Hi, warrior555!

It is difficult to comment your game right now because I haven't seen your game yet and you just have a screenshot about your title screen here but it is nice to see some new members here again and also some new coming games. :)
To be honest, also my own game has been meant to be promotional. Just for more business look, I don't include those words in the titles but I hope to impress some people with something that people probably don't hope to make with Platform Builder.  ::)  I don't make very much suggestions for Platform Builder because I believe that it is quite a powerful even now.. In addition to it, I try to not limit my wishes about what I want to do with Platform Builder.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:37:11 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 09:33:30 AM »
How cool! It looks like I'll have some competition with my game which is about as big, and as good as this one. I do have a head start since my game's first demo is almost complete.
Good Luck for your game !
Hi, warrior555!

It is difficult to comment your game right now because I haven't seen your game yet and you just have a screenshot about your title screen here but it is nice to see some new members here again and also some new coming games. :)
To be honest, also my own game has been meant to be promotional. Just for more business look, I don't include those words in the titles but I hope to impress some people with something that people probably don't hope to make with Platform Builder.  ::)  I don't make very much suggestions for Platform Builder because I believe that it is quite a powerful even now.. In addition to it, I try to not limit my wishes about what I want to do with Platform Builder.
I hope TingThing will add an option that allows to code custom scripts in C # or lua (not java because it's too greedy)
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 01:07:14 PM »
I don't think that will happen. Platform Builder is designed for people that don't much experience in making games. If you know C#, then why not make a game with that language with something else? Platform Builder can't do anything you know... Bow would you even put C# into a game with Game Maker anyway?

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 03:21:26 PM »
mmm... I don't know.
example file's main purpose is to show what the program is capable of. 120 levels sounds... dreadful, really.
I'm following this, and wish you the best, but again- it's not a good replacement. did TingThing really signed up for this?

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 03:30:47 PM »
My game has 120 levels too you know...

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 05:43:42 PM »
So, what happened warrior555? We haven't seen anything since... August 2018. It's March 2019 now.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 09:30:20 AM »
It's not dead, but I changed my computer and Steam Guard don't want me to connect throught my client, even if I enter the good code  :'(
I have sended a message to Steam, I need to wait until they send a solution. But for now, all the project is freezed (like a popsicle).

EDIT:I FIXED THIS,NOW I CAN WORK ON THE PROJECT AGAIN :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 01:29:40 PM by warrior555 »

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 05:19:53 PM »
great to see you warrior. can we get some screenshots tho?

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 05:57:40 PM »
Yay! After... A VERY long time of waiting, it's good to have you back!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 07:54:32 PM »
Nice to see you again, Warrior!
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 02:37:09 PM »

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 10:04:26 AM »
great to see you warrior. can we get some screenshots tho?
OKIE DOKIE ! Here's my first custom graphic !

-Custom graphics (secondary goal but ill need to do it one day)
Okay, I spoke too quickly.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 04:18:35 PM »
Cool! Can't wait to see this project come to life!