Author Topic: Crazy Shape Banzai  (Read 14164 times)

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Crazy Shape Banzai
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2020, 05:45:26 PM »
I wouldn't know. I haven't played much in the way of Super Smash Bros anyway, well, not official games. I did play the 3DS version a few times as well. But not very much.
If you have Smash Ultimate we can play together if you want
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2020, 06:10:31 PM »
I do not own a switch. Only a Wii/Wii U. So, that's not possible, unfortunately. :/

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2020, 06:13:37 PM »
I do not own a switch. Only a Wii/Wii U. So, that's not possible, unfortunately. :/
You said that you played Mario Odyssey so...
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2020, 06:24:56 PM »
Oh, I meant a demo at a store. It was just a sand kingdom demo that lasts 11 minutes. I don't actually own a switch.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2020, 03:04:07 AM »
IT'S OUT!

Some features didn't make it into this brand new awesome update due to bugs/glitches.

CHANGELOG for CSB 2.0

Added 1 new character
Added 2 new arenas
Added a proper nice-looking hud
Adjusted many arenas
Improved character designs
Created particle system and added new effects
Re-did title screen
Optimized speed for low-end computers
Changed how a few things work
Added level selector screen (You can choose random, or choose to start with 2 different levels)
Added improved character selection screen
Added explanations
Added new abilities

This update is sure to make the previous update look terrible. I've fixed all bugs I could find and all previously reported bugs. Those of you who were disappointed with the previous update, please check out this greatly improved update. Grab a friend on steam and play with your friends using Remote Play Together! I'm sure you'll have loads of fun.

If you haven't played CSB before, play it now on Platform Builder Explore! EXE will come soon! Thank you all for your support. Once 8.0 is out, I'll release another update along with the features that didn't make it into this update such as the ricochet move for the circle.

In future updates, I'll add more characters (of course a new character means more abilities) more stages, and hopefully someday, a level editor. "A level editor made in Platform Builder!?" Yes, a level editor made in PB. As far as I can tell with the experements I've performed, a level editor may be something that you will see in a future update.

Enjoy and have fun!

CGM_games

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2020, 07:13:56 PM »
I just noticed that CSB had been taken off of explore due to a password I set for beta testing purposes. It's fixed now! ;)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2020, 11:25:30 AM »
Cant launch

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2020, 02:17:44 PM »
Why? Is it not visible? Try uninstalling, then re-installing it.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2020, 03:00:37 PM »
Why? Is it not visible? Try uninstalling, then re-installing it.
No ,I mean loading a game gets me to the game title.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2020, 04:01:45 PM »
Like, if you create a new game, or resume a game, it takes you to the title screen? If you're resuming a game, just create a new game and see if that fixes it. By the way, nothing ever gets saved in CSB. So don't worry about losing progress.

saiwong3268

• Level 6: Milder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2020, 06:38:28 PM »
I also tried it today. I had the previous version installed, but it didn't show up in the Explore section.
I tried "Check for updates"
but this gave me error in downloading

I then tried "Check for updates" again and it managed to download the game list including
Crazy Shape Banzai.

I started the game and got to Main Menu. I chose New Game. The game tried to start but then
returned back to the Main Menu screen as War555MainsGanon stated.

I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but sadly got same results with game not running, but
only returning to Main Menu screen.

Try it yourself CGM and you will find that game does not start.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2020, 06:50:39 PM »
Strange. When I published it, I couldn't find it either. I had assumed I fixed that when I updated it. But I talked with a friend and he was able to locate the game with no problems. The game runs fine in my own files, but I cannot access Explore! I tried clicking on check for updates, but it slowly increased in percentage, then later crashed. Now I can't access Explore. This is a problem.

saiwong3268

• Level 6: Milder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2020, 09:35:19 PM »
Strange. When I published it, I couldn't find it either. I had assumed I fixed that when I updated it. But I talked with a friend and he was able to locate the game with no problems. The game runs fine in my own files, but I cannot access Explore! I tried clicking on check for updates, but it slowly increased in percentage, then later crashed. Now I can't access Explore. This is a problem.

I've found there is a difference between running the game from your own files and running the game in 'Explore'. So as a recommendation whenever you publish a game always test it in the 'Explore' section to make sure it plays correctly.

The 'Explore' section crashing whilst 'Checking for updates' also happened to me so I had no access to any 'Explore' games. However with help from TingThing I managed to recreate the 'Explore' section.

On your PC, in the run edit box type %LOCALAPPDATA% and press <enter>
This will bring up File Explorer.
Go to the PlatformBuilder folder
within this folder go into the Explore sub-folder
you should see a lot of game and sandbox sub-folders etc...

optional step: backup all these files elsewhere

then delete all these files. This should clean the Explore section and next time you run Platform Builder try 'Check for updates' again and you should be able to download the list successfully.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2020, 09:42:28 PM »
Thanks for the help! I knew how to access that folder, since I've had to do that many times in the past. I had a feeling I'd have to erase all explore data, though, I wish I didn't have to. BTW, for those of you reading this who don't know how to open the run dialogue box, just press WIN+R. That'll bring it up.