Author Topic: Speed of Darkness  (Read 1980 times)

seggaw

Speed of Darkness
« on: April 07, 2018, 09:54:52 PM »
My new installment in Sandbox family, this level uses custom psychics to reach high speeds. Your goal is to jump through intense holes, make tricky wall-jumps and watch out for all the spikes thrown everywhere.

I have something to say about this one, too.

For this level, I made a special thumbnail, I'll explain on more why on my other topic, which will come in shortly. I think it looks cool :P

I used an Old movie lens, it creates a better effect as to if I'd choose Vignette, for example.

Having high speed has some great attributes. For one, obviously, you can make long jumps. The vertical speed is also busted, so I decided to use this to my advantage. You can see many blocks you have to wall-jump from to make it into a platform. It's the main theme of this level. 'ts really great  C:-)

You can also run through small (16pixels) gaps. I used this in the end so you have to drop through the chink to proceed.

And it's relatively short, so I suggest you giving it a shot or two.  :D ;D

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Speed of Darkness
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 02:43:37 AM »
You really need credit for that cool picture! It's really slick. It would be nice if you could do something like that for EP or some sandbox levels.

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 10:22:03 PM »
I wish this game could be beat... Ever since the physics were improved, it's never been able to be beat. We miss you Seggaw!

Mr. Air

• Level 1: Bizz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 02:17:43 AM »
Very good game, from what I could play.

Despite this being abandoned for what seems like 4 years, it's not a bad game, I love the custom physics and sliding around. Along with the fact I have to think to continue, on the platforming, the time makes it so it's an actual issue too, which I like! The only real problem is the fact it's bugged and just doesn't allow you to finish the first level, there's literally an invisible wall blocking you you can't go through the small gap anymore. I'd love it if this was updated! If anyone has any tips on how to cheat to further levels that would be lovely! :D

Video of what I've played can be found here -
Note: I'd give more feedback on this but due to it being impossible I don't feel like doing so due to the whole impossible thing