Author Topic: Super Auto Runner!  (Read 1997 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Super Auto Runner!
« on: November 28, 2018, 08:36:33 PM »
Hi! Super Auto Runner was hinted in a reply I made awhile back. I had spent a few days on this project when I had forgotten it. It was based on a mobile game called, Hopping Penguin. But there is no story, and it's quite basic. I only made 2 levels. The game was more or less an experiment. I would be willing to give the game to anyone as a template for a project. If you want the game PBX, I can post it publicly here. Anyway, you get to buy power-ups at the beginning of each level. I did not release this to the public because I wanted to be able to create an arrow character that could press buttons. Which the buttons were actually enemies and items. I spent about an hour or 2 working on it a few days ago, and I came out with this. Hope you all enjoy!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: Super Auto Runner!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 03:58:33 PM »
I beat it, bought the new items also and beaten the level then again but it didn't bring me to a victory, however. So I decided to quit... I also noticed that new bought items will be not kept and this removes a goal also why we should buy those items although it makes a level much simpler but are very expensive to buy also.
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 08:56:18 PM »
It's supposed to have lots of levels. It's incomplete and the items are supposed to help. Check out the game, "Hopping Penguin" to see where I got the gameplay ideas.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 03:23:11 PM »
Your decisions to make your game rules like that may be reasonable if you can copy the goal and gameplay experience from that "Hopping Penguin" or if you can make the goal and gameplay experience fitting enough by yourself even if I don't understand it right now. ::) Anyways, I suggest you choose one of your doings and keep working on that. You strive to lose your motivation and mood working with creation anyways like all of us sometimes so you may never make any of your projects to be as you wanted us to show otherwise. :-\ I hope, you agree. ::)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 03:24:53 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 06:32:01 PM »
I am thinking about doing some work on it. And maybe just give the game away as a template.

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 03:53:48 PM »
How do I start the game? I can click start...
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 09:26:29 PM »
You do click start using shift. You have to be on the ground to do it.