Author Topic: The Adventures of Super Mike 1  (Read 37140 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Super Mike 1
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2018, 10:05:07 PM »
UPDATE!
ASM has not been in development for about 2 weeks. I am going to also be silent for another week. I think. All that is underway right now, is a new power-up! It's called the "Lightning Bolt" and it will work similar to Larryboy's plunger ears. (Veggietales reference)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2019, 08:26:01 PM »
ASM coming to your windows PC! Exe format coming soon! (Level 1 demo with some fixes!)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2019, 12:21:00 AM »
New game art! The game now has a brand new "case" artwork photo! It's a snapshot of what levels look like. Like you see on various game art covers. Like NSMB. Anyway, this art will be on the ASM website soon, it will be the PB explore game icon, etc. Also, I have noticed a problem that my game is not playable on explore. I will need to fix this, and ask Ting to take down the game so that there aren't 2 copies when the fixed version gets uploaded. I hope you like the artwork. And please tell me if you like it! As you can see, we also have some things you haven't seen before in this snapshot. Such as an object in the water, and a character off to the right side of the image on a platform. Not Mike, but an animal looking character. Also, I am going to attempt to soon add the capture ability. I'm brainstorming some ideas to make this possible. From what I can tell, I simply need 1 command added to PB. Thanks for checking out my game!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2019, 12:37:45 PM »
The art is very cool! Great work
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2019, 05:47:28 PM »
Thanks!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Super Mike 1 UPDATE 3/8/2019
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2019, 09:31:26 PM »
Unless you haven't noticed, it's been awhile since I added anything new to this post. I've been unable to continue this project due to not having access to a PC for some time. Well, a PC that can run PB or anything else. I can check messages on here though. ASM is not dead, but I do want to continue it soon. It has been nice taking a break. I have some cool ideas in mind to add to ASM soon... But I don't know when. Anyway, I hope to get an ASM team from this forum to help develop ASM using the UPE. Once that gets out. Anyway, stay tuned, and please consider supporting me! Just let me know what you think of the game, and how I can improve it here. Or a PM.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2019, 11:58:28 PM »
ASM is back in development! It's only been back in development for a few days, (2 days of actual development) and it's gotten major work done!
Upgrades:ASM is getting smoother animations for enemies, plus lots of new decorations and other stuff. The Jombo (formerly known as a gloomba) now has a 6 frame animation. I've completely re-done the turtle sprites, plus, I've created my own rocks, and animated flowers.

Announcing, a new power-up!While the name isn't official, the power-up is practically finished. Check this link and scroll to the bottom to read about this great power-up! https://theadventuresofsupermikegame.weebly.com/power-ups.html
I have a big thing I won't announce yet, but it's getting close to being ready!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2019, 08:42:13 PM »
I've been taking yet another long break from ASM. I've just simply been focused on other things. But I've noticed that ASM is quite fun. But I want it to actually be more engaging. Finding collectables, and secrets seems to be somthing that would make it really fun. I just got started on creating stuff that you can break, and interact with. And I hope to use these ideas to unlock more play content. Such as ways to find special secrets and such.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Super Mike 1 UPDATE: Say goodbye to worldmaps!
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2019, 09:29:06 PM »
Say goodbye to worldmaps! I haven't worked on world maps in a very long time. I've decided to scrap the whole world map thing. I'll show screenshots eventually. But worldmaps are going away. Why? Because in the plot, Mike is travelling. I always wanted a HUB where you could do lots of things. So I've decided that Mike has a centeral location which is where the HUB is. In the hud, you can explore, play minigames, and select worlds and levels. Mike travels in a rocket ship which plays a huge part in the story. I'm thinking about revealing the long awaited plot soon. That is still undecided, but I'm thinking about it!  ;) Anyway, with the world maps gone, I'm working on a bunch of cool stuff. I'm going to work on the HUB soon. I've got a few new very cool power-up ideas. One of which I credit to LyndsWins for the idea. A shrink, and mega ray. ASM is going to be big!
EDITS: I kept getting HUB and HUD mixed up. Big difference the two words make!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:06:41 PM by Christian Game Maker »

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2019, 05:08:15 AM »
exploring the rocket ship sounds great. I wonder how will this play out :)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2019, 07:09:12 PM »
Well, the rocket ship will feature at least 2 (maybe 3) things to do and explore. One is the ships computer. You use it to unlock levels. Then you have another thing that checks to see how much power the rocket has. (It's powered by the mysterious BVC's) and I'll also add one more treat, the rocket ship exterior! (I'm planning on showing a bunch of the new stuff's pictures.)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2019, 11:00:35 PM »
Rocket update!

The new boxes are coming to the next update in the game's demo. Along with the HUB, plus 30 collectables in the first level! Find all thirty collectables, and you get to get more gameplay options from the HUB!

What in the world is this build a box thing? Hmm...  lion king stampeder
Rocket ship interior!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 11:07:47 PM by Christian Game Maker »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2019, 04:02:42 AM »
Ahh...The end of a super long day of working on ASM. Lots has been done. REALLY COOL STUFF IS HERE!!! Brace yourself for never-before-scene things coming to Platform Builder! Here's the last screenshot for today:

The brand new crafting section found in the HUB will feature LOTS of new gameplay potential! I've just gotten started on this amazing thing. More is to come! Pretty soon, there will be a new character design that allows you to place objects with different behaviors. I'm getting the inspiration from minecraft obviously, but I hope this will add a bit of flavor to ASM. This is a huge thing being added. I can't wait to see it actually working! And what's up with that jar on the top left? Hmm...Could it be...Something amazing? Maybe, maybe not. You'll find out in the next ASM demo update!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 04:03:03 AM by Christian Game Maker »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2019, 08:12:53 PM »
I'm doing a new level making strategy. I'm focusing on 1 level a day. The next day, I polish up the level then start the next. I'll be doing this the next few weeks. I have 8 more levels of 10 to work on. Level 2 I can proudly say is almost done! The plan is to finish it today. It's ending with a simple minigame challenge. Speaking of minigames, the HUB will have lots of stuff to do. Including a minigame house. The minigame house will be used to unlock things. It'll be operated by one of Mikes friends by the name of matthew. Also, Max is a helpful friend who is a dog. It's my yoshi replacement. You have the option to use him in certain levels right before you start one. The minigame house will have things like races, quizzes, puzzles, and more! It's all coming in the world 1 demo of ASM!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2019, 10:03:37 PM »
What is up with ASM today? I've decided to give an update almost every day I work on ASM. So, I've recently decided to release a snapshot of the level selector whenever a new level is complete. Along with the title, and a pixelated snapshot of an iconic point in the level. Today, I'm taking a break from levels. I'm working on re-doing some sprites. I've been doing a lot of that. And some of it is unreleased stuff. I've also been working on character designs. PB has advanced so much, that you can create new character abilities! I've added new character sprites to replace default ones to give ASM a nice, fresh look. So that people don't think it's just another PB game. Level 3 has had some work, and a mechanic I developed some time back has been redone. It'll be part of level 3. And nessicary to complete the level. Demo 2 is coming hopefully in a month or 2. Sooner than I thought!