Author Topic: The Adventures of Super Mike 1  (Read 37363 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Super Mike 1
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2019, 12:26:11 AM »

This is what the level selector for ASM demo #2 will look like. It's going great! It's fully functional. Also, the specials button is something still underdevelopment. Certain things work in it. But not everything. It'll be intended to make levels easier. And also to reveal secrets. Anyway, these are the titles for the first 3 levels. And the themes for each level.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2019, 07:16:53 PM »
ASM UPDATE:
What's up with ASM?

The past week, I've gotten very little done. I did a little bit of work for about 2 hours one day.

Why are you not working on ASM right now?

Simply put, I'm going through a dry spell. Uninspired, and waiting for 7.0. I have lots of ideas. I'm also planning on creating a list of new stuff from recent Mario games, and then putting them into ASM. EG, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Maker 2, and a ton of stuff from New Super Mario bros games, and lots more games. Being limited in 2D space for certain things, 3D type stuff I'll not be able to put into ASM obviously.

What are a few things under development currently?

New collectables. New objects to play around with. Such as balloons, new enemies, new levels, etc.

When will you get back to work on ASM?

Hopefully either today, or tomorrow, or in the next few days. With Platform Builder 7.0 on the horizon, I might not continue work on it till I 7.0 is released. Since I would rather wait for new systems to replace old ones, and a lot of my ideas for ASM are currently possible, but it would be easier to add them when 7.0 is released. Besides, who knows. I might need those systems later to add on or change something.

When do you guess you will release DEMO #2?

That's hard to say, considering lots of top-secret projects that seem impossible to put into ASM in a few months, I hope you guys don't have to wait till December, or even next year to play DEMO #2. I am thinking about releasing DEMO #1 only, with lots of things reverted. With lots of bugs fixed, and MAYBE even the updated sprites!

What sprite changes have been made?

Added new trees
Added lots of new decorations
Changed block sprites
Replaced/changed sprites

Anyway, that's all for now! Be sure to post your ideas in the comments below! If you have an idea you want to see be put into ASM, I would be beyond happy to consider it! I want ASM to have a splattering of a little bit of everything. And maybe even A LEVEL EDITOR!!! IF I could get a few basic suggestions taken someday. The level editor thing would be a lot like super Mario maker. And it would be in-game. Anyway, thanks guys for the support and help!

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2019, 12:18:53 PM »
Im sure this game will be A.W.E.S.O.M.E !
So I need to make a few things :
-Review my goals for Matt's Adventure on the rise
-Play your game at least 40 hours in my life
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2019, 04:22:18 PM »
Thanks! It's quite often that I "off-the-record" hear good things about my game! Thanks warrior555! I'm sure your game will be great too! ;)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2019, 05:08:10 PM »
Thanks! It's quite often that I "off-the-record" hear good things about my game! Thanks warrior555! I'm sure your game will be great too! ;)
Thanks man :D
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2019, 05:41:33 PM »
ASM UPDATE:

Okay, I am back in development yet again! I've spent only a few minutes on ASM, and I've got inspiration back. Partly because of Warrior555's comment. Anyway, I'm going to work on levels 5-6 over the next few weeks.

Fun Fact:

Level 6 currently will need LOTS of revisions in sprites. About 75% of it consists of built-in resources. This needs to be fixed.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2019, 09:41:11 AM »
Fun Fact:
Level 6 currently will need LOTS of revisions in sprites. About 75% of it consists of built-in resources. This needs to be fixed.
This is not what I would call a fun fact :-\
We all know it's not fun to rework 75% of the sprites :o

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2019, 05:42:47 PM »
I suppose you're right. I just wanted to throw that out there. Most themes for world 1 are complete. Just a few themes need work. Such as the castle theme, sky theme, and underwater theme. Although, the underwater theme will be the easiest. There will be LOTS of themes in the finished product.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2019, 03:52:08 AM »

I'm changing pretty much everything about branding. I'm going to do things a bit more professionally from now on. As much as I can.

Brand new gallary page at the ASM website!
https://theasmgame.weebly.com/gallary.html
Revamped GameJolt page!
https://gamejolt.com/games/theadventuresofsupermike/371454
Brand new update video!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 07:23:52 PM by Christian Game Maker »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2019, 10:11:32 PM »

Brand new video! This time, it's an Early Development video. It shows what ASM was like in April 2018. Check it out! Also, I FINALLY remembered to add audio! I added my background music since the videos themselves didn't have any audio with them. Enjoy my incredible music while you listen!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 10:21:38 PM by Christian Game Maker »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2019, 03:38:37 AM »

WOW. 3 updates...In 1 day!? Wow. Anyway, I've been focusing primarily on advertising ASM. Just to get people in-the-know. Plus, I've uploaded 2 videos to YouTube today. Which I suggest you guys check out. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that the titlescreen will look different from the latest titlescreen photos. Due to ASM getting some serious technical setbacks. I wanted to announce that there is a brand new ASM forum! IDK why I created it. But, here's the link! It's on itch.io. https://cgmgames.itch.io/asm/community
Also, I hope you guys like the new style, and the way I'm doing things! The community has been quite quiet. But for those of you who are active, I hope you guys let me know what you think of my new stuff! Also, you may want to check out everything ASM related. I've done a ASM website revamp visual wise. Anyway, that's all for now!

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2019, 07:49:40 AM »
[CGM] I made 3 updates in one day
[Warrior555] Oof

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2019, 02:46:08 PM »
It is nice to see that one of your videos with a sound again. ::) It is much more pleasing to watch with sound. Also, it is nice to see that you make a lot of progress with your game. I hope it will be ready for Explore soon also.
And hey, thanks for considering me as a supporter! ;)

I would like to ask about the level selector. Is it made in UPE? If you made it purely with a PB then you have done a real invention. :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 02:50:52 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2019, 04:00:46 PM »
Congratulations! You finally learned how to use audio! What a remarkable way of showing progress :^)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2019, 06:11:51 PM »
Sorry about forgetting audio. I've spent most of my PC life without audio. So, it's just something I don't think about. BTW, did you enjoy the music at all? One of the tracks wasn't in my music pack as well.