Author Topic: Wall jump bug from the right side  (Read 524 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 14: Grooper
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Wall jump bug from the right side
« on: March 16, 2019, 05:56:22 PM »
Below you can see about the bug I am reporting about.

As you can see from the left side it works as it should and you also can make a wall jump but from the right side you just can push yourself up and jump out from the big hole.
Note that I also tested it with a character who has no custom physics and with him, no problems were detected! So I guess wall jumping is bugged with a custom physics or because of using certain custom options for physics. ???

(The video is quite long because I decided to play it to the end so people also would be able to use this topic to see my latest level that will come. :) Bug showcase is at the beginning of the video.)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 05:59:07 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Christian Game Maker

• Currently developing Project ASM (The Adventures Of Super Mike) And manager of platformbuilderfansite.weebly.com!
  • Level 21: Magmus
  • The way of the Cross leads home.
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Fansite
Re: Wall jump bug from the right side
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 06:26:46 PM »
I'll see the video later, looks cool!
Christian Game Maker: 3:16 Numbers Of Hope

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 15: Spreker
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 12:26:52 AM »
Hm... what are your custom physics settings?

Christian Game Maker

• Currently developing Project ASM (The Adventures Of Super Mike) And manager of platformbuilderfansite.weebly.com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 08:00:50 PM »
Wow! I know you aren't finished with this level yet, but I could really see this level become something a lot better! Do those cars look like the ones in Estonia? If so, I think they look cool. It would be cool if you could add trucks and dump trucks and dash pads that help you get to higher places. And also, have all kinds of puzzle type things where you try to get to certain areas with keys and so forth.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 09:32:20 PM »
No, cars in Estonia looks probably about the same way as in your country. :) I think Estonia is not very improved in creation but Estonia gives a very big offer to do everything that Europe wants and is very active in import or recreation. ::)

I probably have left a feeling that my game is full of puzzles but actually not exactly. Level and/or challenges such a flying with a plane are nothing to do with puzzles but more likely with a challenge being quick. I also made a similar challenge with this level already a lot of time ago where you have to dodge several kinds of tanks. Just like in Mario games tank tiles have everything for sides, inside, corners etc. and also my level has tanks with trailers which have a shape to require to solve the puzzle in some amount of time. Differently from tank level my the latest level have no tiles for every side, inside part, corners etc. It has tiles including everything needed to draw a car looking shape. I don't think you imagine about how a car can look correct and logical if I would build tunnels, labyrinths and such for this. Just the car shape is not like that. ::) This is not a puzzle level but a pure combat challenge where you will face a certain type of enemies and obstacles. I don't know if I could explain myself but take the cars as obstacles that can be selected for the challenge. This is not a level inside some kind of building with walls and ceilings.
Below you can see a video where I did get my inspiration. Scrolling the video somewhere to the end rather will cause the result.

I believe that this kind of level cannot be made a way you suggested because it is just not that type of level. :)

I already answered TingThing from Facebook because time runs really fast and it caused me to forget something in a quick life so I devoted time only for the problem and to TingThing in that night. :-\
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:39:08 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Christian Game Maker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 10:21:01 PM »
Ah.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 10:26:17 PM »
I, however, agree that my cars do look still somehow simple(not very good). But I'll deal with it. :) I also plan a new background with a City looking...

Bus, trucks but also one more fictional truck will be added. The last mentioned because I also want to give a reason for a wall jumping and super jump feature but I still don't want anything too fictional for this level. ::)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:27:21 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Christian Game Maker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 10:32:57 PM »
I see. They look like cars from the 70's and 80's.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 01:30:51 PM »
No! My goal wasn't to make those look from 70's, 80's. My cars may look like from 70's and 80's at least for now but my goal was to represent regular cars, nothing fictional and owned by the normal living beings who do not work for evil. ::) The fight takes place in a normal city where the evil and player makes some activity.
I plan to make my cars looking better and I also may add more variants but I am not sure if I plan to make every car different. Image files are quite a big and right now I don't need my game to be very big or even too big to upload for Explore before my game even will be done. ::)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:33:10 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Christian Game Maker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 03:09:04 PM »
I think you misunderstood me. I was only saying that they look like they are from the 70's and 80's. That's all.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2019, 03:10:55 PM »
I think I'll try to make those look more modern. :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

Christian Game Maker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2019, 09:51:14 PM »
Great!

Antikore

• YouTuber, Gamer and the developer of Castle Chamber.
  • Level 18: Statix
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 10:44:00 AM »
That level seems cool!
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P
==================================
My games:
- Castle Chamber (In development)
==================================
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4bftKRMy_deGspyejBWjFQ

Christian Game Maker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 03:05:48 PM »
Sure does!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 10:12:10 PM »
Thanks! :) But as I mentioned somewhere, it's just an Alpha.

Well, now it is Beta which means everything new has been added but the level needs more improvements. For this case, this level needs more improvements to new graphic elements. :) It will become much better. ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 10:12:47 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)