Author Topic: Platform Builder: A basic level editor, or a professional game maker?  (Read 3635 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Platform Builder: A basic level editor, or a professional game maker?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 02:23:23 PM »
Ah, so, you mean that you finally believe that we are original PB players now? Hey, don't get me wrong. I go way back to 2.2 in PB. But I wasn't even around MB when PB started development. I first started using PB at version 2.2. I used it a little, but the physics were so bad, I couldn't stand it. I loved how you could customize a few things, use different abilities and such, but it wasn't till much later that year that I became a die-hard PB fan. I still am to this very day. Alley, I'm going to guess goes much further back. Right Alley?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 03:26:33 PM »
Yeah, I believe that too. ::) Of course, I didn't start IGP from a time on when the first version of PB came out already. But I saw one video about TingThing working with PB and I was waiting long before PB really came to us. There was a long silent period after that I saw a video about PB so it was possible that TingThing decided to cancel it, however, but I still expected it to come silently. Then it came and I wanted to start my main project but I had a lot of difficulties to make decisions so I started a new project several times until I finally decided to create no remake nor game with certain rules. I decided to start with IGP which is my own idea completely and which have any level that I have in my mind. :) It was long before big sprites for the bosses were possible. This was that time when I already tried to make my own bosses. :)

I have tried to make whatever I want with PB... I can say that I simply have had faith in PB considering TingThing's programming skills, persistence, and his personality also. :) There were some times when PB was really limited also for me but hey, it was just started and being a bit weak was absolutely normal.  ;) I know how much time it takes everything to make for me so I just worked on things I could do in the same time when PB got stronger also which allowed me then to start much more complicated things. I for sure had faith in PB becoming much more advanced than most of fan game toolkits but it became even better than I could expect.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 03:41:52 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 07:25:10 PM »
So, you are an original PB game user? That's cool. I knew you went way back, but I didn't think you went that far back.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2019, 06:40:54 PM »
I don't know if I can call myself original game user completely because my ideas have been inspired by the other games but yeah... I can call this game as my own completely considering it is not a remake from a certain game, it has all unique levels, it does not try to make graphics to be the same or similar with a certain game other than PB and it has a completely stand-alone storyline. :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 06:03:11 PM »
What I mean by original PB user, is that you are one of the first people to start to use PB, and continue using it to this day.