Author Topic: Update the games for 9.0?  (Read 938 times)

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Update the games for 9.0?
« on: February 18, 2021, 12:16:26 AM »
I was pleasantly surprised to find out the release of PB 9.0. It's been a joy to work with on new project files because of all the new features. However, this has its drawbacks. Most of the games on explore are ruined.

The most notable hurdle is the difference in distances. Sometimes you can hardly see what's going on because it's too small. Title screens are always ruined. There are, however, more problems. For instance, not every game works at 60 FPS, which would be ideal. In fact, mine isn't. It also had a bunch of weird problems...

• IGP's beginning cutscene doesn't look very good. The character is cut off most of the time, and the 'Forest1' background switches from the new design to old, when text sprites appear. Bizzare.
  • CBS's visuals look great, it runs better than I remembered, but currently it's unplayable. You can't see anything.

This is what I'm talking about, we should update our games to at least work with 9.0. Especially the Featured games. I know it can be annoying to bother with, but this just isn't a good look and it could alienate new users.

Cheers.
;)

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Update the games for 9.0?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 06:46:00 PM »
The most good explore games are already ruined long ago. Long time before this update. After every bigger update you need to update them.
My Projects:

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: Update the games for 9.0?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 11:09:25 AM »
The most good explore games are already ruined long ago. Long time before this update. After every bigger update you need to update them.
that's true... one problem with Explore is that the slightest changes can mess things up. I'm bringing this topic now because I feel like the current state is the worst that's ever gotten. it might be just me, though