Author Topic: Medley of Suggestions 8 - The Revenge  (Read 1448 times)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Medley of Suggestions 8 - The Revenge
« on: August 31, 2019, 04:09:51 PM »
Medley of Suggestions 8: The Revenge
MoS has returned, and now with even more power than never. Here are a big new list of suggestions that I think they've need to be added soon.

1.- Mouse x and Mouse y bracketings: You know, it will return the x and y coordinate of the mouse. For example.
Code: [Select]
var xx = [mouse x]
var yy = [mouse y]
2.- Set cursor sprite command: Usage (cursor sprite/mouse sprite) = [Sprite ID]
It will obviously change the cursor sprite.
3.- Window title command: Usage <window title>Hello world - It will change the window title text. This is actually possible on GML, I use it commonly
4.- Transitions: A complex system of transitions, such as: Out transition = 5/Pull left - In transition = 6/Pull right - Transition speed = 10 (In steps/frames) etc.
5.- Things should load fully before the level starts: Sometimes, some codes in the start command prompt of an area can crash the game because things such as enemies etc aren't loaded before it starts. And I think the level shouldn't show up before the enemies are loaded or that command prompt is executed once.
6.- Loaded forever settings: Allow users to select if this object/thing in the level should be loaded even if far away from the screen. Enemies, items or even spawns blocks.
7.- Advanced settings for all things: In each type of object (enemies, items or projectiles and others) have a little button that reaches you to a custom-physics-like menu with all the speeds, durations and etc. to change them to any value you want. If you return to the normal menu of the object, things with a different value of any possible will appear as custom. For example, if you put a custom value to the speed of an enemy, when you return, the original menu will say (speed: custom)
8.- Select a degree for projectile shooting: projectile direction deg: 67 - 67ยบ direction for shooting.
9.- End game, restart game, etc. commands: Like if in GM you were using game_end(); or game_restart(); but in PB, note that in tests or if you're playing in Platform Builder, this should be capable of not ending PB at all, but only the game itself.
10.- Be able to customize lightning, lightning size, color, sprinkling etc: The title says it all.
11.- Custom particles:With its editor an all, you know.
12.- Modify the volume of sounds: But directly on the program, as in GameMaker you do.
13.- Allow users to set doors in sandbox levels: And make them able to reach you to different parts of the same level.
Thank you for reading, I will probably add more things in the future.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 04:14:47 PM by Antikore »
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Medley of Suggestions 8 - The Revenge
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 04:13:06 PM »
Wow. These are all great suggestions. I really want to see these all come into PB especially that button. I'm no GML expert, but if GML type code got into PB, that'd be the ultimate. That'd be the greatest thing since Command Prompt was added to PB.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 04:59:43 PM »
I got the transition idea yersterday :P
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 05:00:03 PM »
Thats really an good idea
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 05:08:22 PM »
In theory, transitions could be possible. Spawning FOREGROUND sprites onto the view that are black, and freezing the game and then using x and y positioning commands to move them up, down, left right, or maybe use animated sprites to use shapes and stuff.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 05:19:20 PM »
For the transitions it would better to add in the Level settings panel those buttons: "Level beginning transition" "Enter transition" "Exit transition" "Death transition" and "Victory transition". Each button take you to a manager panel. Because we better add with this custom transitions.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 05:22:15 PM »
Warrior, I need to talk with you on steam. And yeah, you're right.