Author Topic: Vines and advanced collisions  (Read 1395 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Vines and advanced collisions
« on: October 15, 2019, 08:40:30 PM »
I've had this idea in mind for forever. PB needs a way to create things which your character can swing on. Or some kind of a parenting physics system. Like creating parenting commands to pair a character and an enemy together at a certain pixel spot on the enemy. And have a more complex collisions system. Where enemies have more than one collision spot. And depending on what spot you hit, it will have a different effect. Of course we could do this with other things as well. But we also need a physics system of sorts. Where things can swing back and fourth, and be manipulated by what direction the character/enemy or whatever, is going. I am suggesting this because I have plans to use vines in a world I will create in ASM.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Vines and advanced collisions
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 05:28:51 AM »
Are there vines in the jungle world of New Super Luigi Bros U Deluxe ?
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 08:01:42 PM »
I have no clue. I've never played it before. But there are vines in level 1 jungle world of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 08:26:13 AM »
I have no clue. I've never played it before.
By saying thi, I talk of the New Super Mario Bros games in general.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 06:24:03 PM »
Oh. Then you could have just said the NSMB series.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 06:39:41 PM »
Okay.