Author Topic: Open source PB  (Read 1516 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Open source PB
« on: September 13, 2018, 03:28:34 AM »
This is more of a question then a suggestion. Why not make PB open source? It's stable right? I am aware that licensed content is in PB and should be removed for open source. I'm not a programmer, but if I could get help from programmers here for a project, less suggestions would need to be taken.

McPopato

• A very inconsistent user.
  • Level 4: Sparr
  • Hello. I do projects sometimes.
    • View Profile
Re: Open source PB
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 04:27:38 AM »
I think the idea itself is interesting, but I think there'd be a lot of problems with it, since modified versions of PB wouldn't be compatible with the original, such you wouldn't be able to share your things in "Explore", though if you allowed people to make their own executables as well...

I think it'd create a huge discrepancy with the games different versions. I think it'd be good for testing out things, creating presentations of features you'd like to see in the main build of the game?
"Friends are people who come and go, appreciate them when they're here and remember them when they're gone." - Some guy probably.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »
I see... It does make sense. You can make exe because I have an exe game I made which is available on game jolt. You have to send Ting your pbx package file and he does the rest. But even then, we wouldn't get exe's. So, I guess this topic should be closed once Ting looks at it and responds...

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 04:59:55 PM »
Wait! What about creating a working mechanic in open source, and send the info back to Ting, and then he puts it into the main program! That would be awesome! 😊