Author Topic: If you really enjoy PB, please do this!  (Read 2504 times)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
If you really enjoy PB, please do this!
« on: September 20, 2018, 09:20:24 AM »
Platform Builder was released to steam, users can now review the game and post it into the main game page. Please review it as you want to make it more easy for new users to download it!
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: If you really enjoy PB, please do this!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 07:59:30 PM »
I wish I could review, but since I'm limited I can't. I wrote a great review. I clicked the submitting button, then it said I can't submit it because I have a limited account...

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 12:55:11 AM »
The same for me which is ridiculous. Steam is like a dating site where you even can't rate someone else without paying. Merging PB with it is sure an improvement but makes me doubt if it was that reasonable to choose Steam what makes PB users pay and pay even more.  :-\
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 12:56:44 AM »
They claim it's because they don't want spam. I even saw a person say, "please don't give me a link to spam!" Or something like that. So, steam thinks they fixed it. But really, they've made thousands of newbies angry.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 01:02:46 AM »
They may claim it but the reality is a totally different case. You can pay and continue spamming. :) They just want to earn money from everything and tries to flush our heads by telling they are fighting with the spammers.
Alley (T_Alj5)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 05:00:47 AM »
They may claim it but the reality is a totally different case. You can pay and continue spamming. :) They just want to earn money from everything and tries to flush our heads by telling they are fighting with the spammers.

What it does help to prevent is spamming bots.

Steam is a little different from GameJolt and other sites because it's the kind of audience that expects be paying money for games. Most people who sign up for steam have their wallet already in their hands. But there is that strange thing that happens where you have a small following of a single free game (like PB) that signs up just to use that.

I bet if you look around enough, you could find a game that would be worth buying for the price of a value meal.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 06:14:49 AM »
PB is one of that in my knowledge which is worth buying but no one will pay me otherwise than having serious physical and psychological pain and no one even plays my games that I have made without saying paying for those. Paying worldwide have been made so difficult also so if I only would afraid to lose time then maybe I even would take that step for some applications I use but it's not just a cost for the those but cost also for several fees that comes from transferring money from my home bank to another one which I even haven't created. Those banks usually ask for questions which I don't want to answer or which are so official and difficult to figure out so it cost some extra time also and a lot of those banks also wants to steal money and claiming themselves to be fair. I really haven't wanted to deal with it.
Plus there are quite a many good things out that should be paid but after that, I have bought a computer I should be rich to even use it because even some elemental things cost money more than PC itself. I usually crack the most important of things and I don't see anything bad about it because it makes no difference if I use and don't pay or if I don't use and haven't to pay for it also because no one will lose their software from their PC because of my "stealing". I still have 70 years to live and my strength may not last forever so I really don't find it reasonable to pay everywhere. Someday I may need that money which I have collected for example when I can't work anymore. An accident in a job and breaking health are both very possible in every job that people can offer and no one offers a job which would be pleasing.

So... I basically just don't pay because no one is paying to me which is just logical. If I pay and others will not then incomes are going to be smaller than outcomes and this is the main reason.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 06:25:24 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 07:46:31 AM »
I love Steam and I used it for years. I look about why this limitation and says that is for kick spammers, for me it's logical. I bought some games because I love games in general! So, if you look awhile in the shop of Steam, you may find an interesting game that you can enjoy a lot, probably with a bigger price than 5$
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P