Author Topic: Jump hold time physic option  (Read 1237 times)

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Jump hold time physic option
« on: January 08, 2020, 03:36:38 PM »
It would be useful to choose how long we can hold the jump button to enhance the jump. Please add this TingThing. I actually need this.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: Jump hold time physic option
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 03:40:00 PM »
can't you do that already?
I don't use custom psychics much, but I'm pretty sure there's something matching your suggestion.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 03:46:30 PM »
can't you do that already?
I don't use custom psychics much, but I'm pretty sure there's something matching your suggestion.
Yeah, but even if it set to 0sec, the jump height will still be influencable by holding jump key. Normally the jump height should be the same if the value is 0. Any explanations for that, TingThing ?
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 01:47:04 AM »
Yeah, but even if it set to 0sec, the jump height will still be influencable by holding jump key. Normally the jump height should be the same if the value is 0. Any explanations for that, TingThing ?

Jump delay is when gravity kicks in. If you jump with the physic "jump delay" set to 0, then the gravity will kick in as soon as you start the jump. But you can still let go of the jump key to slow down the upward speed of the jump.

That's how it currently works. You might be able to find a nice combination of jump power and jump delay that will give something close to what you are looking for.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 09:09:28 AM »

Jump delay is when gravity kicks in. If you jump with the physic "jump delay" set to 0, then the gravity will kick in as soon as you start the jump. But you can still let go of the jump key to slow down the upward speed of the jump.

That's how it currently works. You might be able to find a nice combination of jump power and jump delay that will give something close to what you are looking for.
Ahhhhh!