Author Topic: Nearest (whatever) command expansion  (Read 1289 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Nearest (whatever) command expansion
« on: January 25, 2020, 03:52:19 PM »
All nearest commands seem to only go by the player. The closest to the player. Nothing else! This is a great addition, because now we can be more precise as to what we want to manipulate. And fixes many features I've wanted to incorporate into ASM that have just sat there waiting for this feature to come along. But wait...Couldn't this be taken to the next level?

How about:
For closest enemy to enemy (ID)
This shouldn't be limited to just enemies. Everything else needs this too. This would open up many possibilities. Or, we could leave out all ID's and let PB detect if the command is being executed in an enemy, player, or whatever else command prompt.

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Re: Nearest (whatever) command expansion
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »
Cool idea!
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 04:21:14 PM »
All nearest commands seem to only go by the player. The closest to the player. Nothing else! This is a great addition, because now we can be more precise as to what we want to manipulate. And fixes many features I've wanted to incorporate into ASM that have just sat there waiting for this feature to come along. But wait...Couldn't this be taken to the next level?

How about:
For closest enemy to enemy (ID)
This shouldn't be limited to just enemies. Everything else needs this too. This would open up many possibilities. Or, we could leave out all ID's and let PB detect if the command is being executed in an enemy, player, or whatever else command prompt.
Yeah pretty much needed
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 04:41:41 AM »

All nearest commands seem to only go by the player

This is actually a glitch that was reported a while back. Once the update is in, you will be able to do more. For instance:

Code: [Select]
with closest enemy 1
with closest enemy 2
destroy enemy

The code is supposed to destroy the closest "enemy 2" from the closest "enemy 1" But right now it destroys the closest "enemy 2" from the character. This will be fixed in the update.

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 04:48:16 AM »
Great news!