Author Topic: Challenge: Testing speed  (Read 2557 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Challenge: Testing speed
« on: May 26, 2018, 05:45:34 PM »

Somewhere, I promised to share the latest level related to racing type soon. Now here I am going to show what Platform Builder can do with my sprite sheets and tilesets together. Watch from below!

This challenge nor any other level is NOT done but is accessible for you in the way as you see it from the video. Link to the new members to a game where this challenge can be reached is as follows: https://theplatformbuilder.com/forums/index.php?topic=14.0
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:46:07 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge: Testing speed
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 05:52:12 PM »
Awesome! That looks easier then some other levels in Invasion. Except for the last part where you have to really use your mind skills and go up and down to avoid the mines! Can you hurt those enemies?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 07:19:17 PM »
Comparing with a game that inspires me to make this kind of levels it is very easy but I have to say that it is, however, not the easiest level nor challenge in Invasion. Although yes, the last part of this challenge is the most difficult. It simply needs a player to be very calm. :)
About the enemies in this challenge are that yes but no without dying also. Impact of another vehicle causes both to explode. Vehicles in this challenge are not for fighting but racing only and you can consider this level as a pure survival. :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 07:22:02 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 08:25:14 PM »
If Ting Thing took me up on the racing suggestion with timelines, I'm sure you could make it a real race!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 01:23:01 AM »
I think we are not talking about the same thing. I even didn't plan to create a race type where you need to compete with another player or something like this. In my races player is often forced to pass the challenge set by the enemy for his please to follow before fighting by himself or is forced to choose in order to exit a level.
I call it as racing because...

If it is not a race what is it? :P
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 02:40:42 AM »
Well, now I see. I was thinking about races since you said that. I actually meant doing this for other races in your game. That's all.