Author Topic: When PB moves to steam...  (Read 1547 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
When PB moves to steam...
« on: August 20, 2018, 06:30:33 PM »
Usually when I have a question about PB, I go e-mail Ting. This time since it's a question that most of us will probably ask, I've made It public. When PB gets on steam, we'll get to use it on any windows PC that is signed into steam. If we have created something on one PC with steam, can we use the same game save files on another PC that has signed into the steam account and doesn't have the same game files without transferring game files from one PC to the other? Sorry if it sounds weird, because I didn't even know how to write it in a way that it would make sense. I hope it makes sense...

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Re: When PB moves to steam...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:30:47 PM »
Usually when I have a question about PB, I go e-mail Ting. This time since it's a question that most of us will probably ask, I've made It public. When PB gets on steam, we'll get to use it on any windows PC that is signed into steam. If we have created something on one PC with steam, can we use the same game save files on another PC that has signed into the steam account and doesn't have the same game files without transferring game files from one PC to the other? Sorry if it sounds weird, because I didn't even know how to write it in a way that it would make sense. I hope it makes sense...

No, the files do not save to Steam, but to your computer, just like before.

Platform Builder still talks with Steam a little (It checks whether or not you own Pro, and adjusts accordingly), but it doesn't save or read your game files. You can even download Platform Builder from Steam onto your desktop and it will still work, (But if you own Pro, you will need to have Steam running in the background.)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: When PB moves to steam...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 10:38:59 PM »
Had a feeling... Thanks!