Author Topic: Platform Builder Age Rating System (PBRS)  (Read 5417 times)

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
Re: Platform Builder Age Rating System (PBRS)
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 08:11:56 PM »
stuff like mario world hacks and smbx

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 08:14:51 PM »
Probably in that case Platform Builder has enough potential to do better than that.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 09:07:56 PM »
Mechasaur, Platform Builder is not a Mario game creator. In addition, Mario Builder didn't allow us to customize our own enemies, items, projectiles, blocks etc. Also, it did have any way to add some special effects via command prompt although it was powerful enough to make something really special using some tricks... Anyway, you didn't have any problems using MB although it didn't allow to make some new enemies, tileset movement and such like in SMBX. I see you have become some big kind of critic and such but in reality, you seem to have left behind a time. PB allows you to make a lot of things that MB didn't allow. Of course, you may be unable to create a Bowser who cases you just like in MB but it allows you to make every kind of situation and challenge that MB allowed to do and more. Comparing PB with SMBX is that you can't make everything that you can make with SMBX but it probably have some preferences in front of SMBX already and it is a lot of easier to understand and learn.

Shouldn't you just open PB and try to make something by yourself? ::)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:21:14 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 08:39:55 PM »
I agreed to mark my project as "Hard" considering that the most of people here can't beat it but my game is rather "Average" actually. :)  If considering the number of people in the world then this forum is a really small piece of everything and there are a lot of people in the world who play really hardcore games like Hardcore levels from Mario Forever, Alien Vendetta mod for Doom on Ultra-Violence difficulty or Battle Toads on really quick time. My game is beatable for everyone who depends some amount of time on each level and my levels have a lot of items and lives to collect a high number of lives at the same time you are dying. :)
I saw you already began to use your own ratings for your own project and I thought that maybe when I am going to update pictures then I can use your ratings too? O:-)
Alley (T_Alj5)

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 12:39:00 AM »
Mechasaur, Platform Builder is not a Mario game creator. In addition, Mario Builder didn't allow us to customize our own enemies, items, projectiles, blocks etc. Also, it did have any way to add some special effects via command prompt although it was powerful enough to make something really special using some tricks... Anyway, you didn't have any problems using MB although it didn't allow to make some new enemies, tileset movement and such like in SMBX. I see you have become some big kind of critic and such but in reality, you seem to have left behind a time. PB allows you to make a lot of things that MB didn't allow. Of course, you may be unable to create a Bowser who cases you just like in MB but it allows you to make every kind of situation and challenge that MB allowed to do and more. Comparing PB with SMBX is that you can't make everything that you can make with SMBX but it probably have some preferences in front of SMBX already and it is a lot of easier to understand and learn.

Shouldn't you just open PB and try to make something by yourself? ::)

Maybe I am a little biased and you might be right. And to be fair, I haven't used PB in a while

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 12:39:52 AM »
Thank you

I developed a difficulty measure, with colors and numeric values. with an image:

Very easy means that the game can be played by anyone and can be completed without a lot of effort.

Easy means that the game can be played by anyone and probably the game will need some effort to complete, but all players probably can complete it.

Average means that the game will require some effort to complete and no all people can complete it, but if you practice, probably you can don't matter who are you or your skill.

Hard means that the game should need a lot of effort to complete and probably will cause some frustration, will need some retries in each level but probably completable for experienced users.

Insane means that the game should need a lot of effort and time to reach the end of it, as the player will retry very often each level to complete it and probably completable for very advanced users.

None means that the game has no difficulty itself, as it is a simulator, an animation or there is not a specific objective to achieve.

I'm ok with this