Author Topic: Assistant Random Message List  (Read 1562 times)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Assistant Random Message List
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:08:31 PM »
Hello, here I will post all random messages that the assistant can tell you when you use the "Surprise me!" option. Its information is very useful, but you sometimes forget it and you are spamming the option to find the message. Here is a complete list of these messages, you can tell me of any other if you know of some other:

- When you're editing a course or world, you can scroll the view with the A, S, D and W keys, or you can use the numpad arrow keys. Hold Q while scrolling the view to quicken the scroll speed.
- Sometimes you may want your world or course to be dark. You can enable this feature in the settings; it will darken all of your surroundings. When darkness is enabled, fire and light type attacks will temporarily light up your surrounding area.
- If you hold control while deleting items, you will only delete the item selected in your workstation. This also works for moving and copying items.
- Some expandable items will only give you ground tiles if they are created with no vertical depth.
- The Screen Editors allow you to use pieces from the course editor to construct special screens for your game. If you use Pro, you could also upload a background and simply used that as your screen. If you do this, use an image size of 864x422.
- You can add wind in area settings. This will create an extra challenge, dragging your character to the left or right. However, you won't be pushed by wind if you duck or swim.
- If you hold shift, you can right-click and drag for a larger box to delete everything within it.
- Each overworld has 13.5 times the width and 15 times the height of your working view. This means that your overworld can be as large as 202.5 times the size of the view. When you begin working in a new overworld, you start right in the middle of it. Try not to get lost in all of that working space!
- Press F1 on your keyboard to take a screenshot of your screen. This can be useful for if you wish to publish your game on the Platform Builder Community.
- Use invisible blocks to overlay your custom tiles if you wish to use them as ground, hills etc.
- Several buttons in your workstation have hotkeys. Press "M" to toggle "move", "E" for "edit", "C" for "copy", "F" for "find" and "Z" for "smart." Your keyboard arrow keys can also be used in many situations.
- Snow and rain are affected by wind. All of these weather features can be set in your area settings.
- If the player is climbing or hanging and it's hurt, the character will fall. This could make fir great obstacles in your games!

If you know more existent messages in the assistant "surprise me" option, tell me them. I will edit this post a few times more to have all messages.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:59:06 PM by Antikore »
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Assistant Random Message List
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 02:53:13 PM »
Yikes! Sounds like you will be spending a lot of time writing the messages since you can't copy+paste from PB.

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 02:59:03 PM »
Probably, but anyway, that can help some people.

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 10:58:19 AM »
I updated the list just today! More will come in a future.