Author Topic: An Average Platformer (On Hiatus Until Further Notice)  (Read 11868 times)

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: An Average Platformer (New Splash Screen Art)
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2019, 10:51:49 AM »
I wasn't aware of that second bug. The first "bug" isn't a bug. It's just a minor downside. PSF had a battle mode with no CPU, and it did well.
I don't even know what is PSF
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2019, 01:53:11 AM »
Power Star Frenzy (PSF) is a Mario Fangame that is like a 2D version of SM64. Sortof.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2019, 10:36:37 AM »
Power Star Frenzy (PSF) is a Mario Fangame that is like a 2D version of SM64. Sortof.
Sorry I forgot for the SM64 fangame. But at least this has allowed you to talk of Power Star Frenzy.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
Re: An Average Platformer (Updated Title Screen)
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2019, 05:24:51 PM »

did a little bit of work on fixing up the title screen but it'll get polished eventually...

credit goes to Antikore for the wonderful background  ;D

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2019, 05:34:49 PM »
that looks pretty good

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2019, 11:24:37 PM »

This image looks good but if looking closely then you can see it is actually quite a plain like an image below:

The reason why your game title looks good is because custom tiles and backgrounds may look incredibly good but you have not done any additional work such as decorations, weather, lightning, other effects. Replacing your tiles and background with built-in graphics considering you don't have any custom resources ready yet would cause for sure your title screen looking still quite a boring.

My goal is not to comment your game with this post but affect you to consider if you really know about what and why you are commenting for the other member posts. In a very alpha versions, people may just show the level perhaps plan or shape which has not been improved with a final front. And if remembering properly then also I started to show people about my more complicated levels with a built-in graphics and sound just to show what I am doing. Now, my game has been grown to a game called "Invasion: Going Personal".
I agree that people should apply more decent for their new projects if they are not doing something very complicated but please don't hurry to throw away other people projects immediately from a moment on when you see those! :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 11:31:35 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2019, 06:27:22 AM »
Mechasaur you should add foreground and background sprites

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2019, 12:21:38 PM »
This image looks good but if looking closely then you can see it is actually quite a plain like an image below:

The reason why your game title looks good is because custom tiles and backgrounds may look incredibly good but you have not done any additional work such as decorations, weather, lightning, other effects. Replacing your tiles and background with built-in graphics considering you don't have any custom resources ready yet would cause for sure your title screen looking still quite a boring.

My goal is not to comment your game with this post but affect you to consider if you really know about what and why you are commenting for the other member posts. In a very alpha versions, people may just show the level perhaps plan or shape which has not been improved with a final front. And if remembering properly then also I started to show people about my more complicated levels with a built-in graphics and sound just to show what I am doing. Now, my game has been grown to a game called "Invasion: Going Personal".
I agree that people should apply more decent for their new projects if they are not doing something very complicated but please don't hurry to throw away other people projects immediately from a moment on when you see those! :)

I have my reasons, the screenshot you showed me is just flat and doesn't have too much going for it compared to other projects here.

Mechasaur you should add foreground and background sprites

Trust me, I will. Don't worry about it too much. It'll get polished eventually.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2019, 03:17:52 PM »

The reason why your game title looks good is because custom tiles and backgrounds may look incredibly good

But did you even understand what I tried to explain? ???
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:18:56 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2019, 03:24:11 PM »
yes

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2019, 07:38:07 PM »
Or maybe you could make a static picture for the title screen ? (suggestion)

Setap

• The Conservative Romanian Republic of Setap
  • Developer of the Super Adventure series
    • View Profile
    • Setap's Website
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2020, 01:12:39 PM »
Is this still in progress-
setapdede Productions 2016-2022

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2020, 01:27:18 PM »
Nope. Mechasaur has lost all interest in PB, it appears.

Setap

• The Conservative Romanian Republic of Setap
  • Developer of the Super Adventure series
    • View Profile
    • Setap's Website
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2020, 01:30:51 PM »
Nope. Mechasaur has lost all interest in PB, it appears.
oof
setapdede Productions 2016-2022

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2020, 08:30:17 AM »
Mechasaur, If you see this you must know that you are a ******