Author Topic: A MUST DO FOR 7.0! Interact with HUD via Mouse OR Custom Menus!  (Read 707 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Inspired by the new coming soon topic just posted about the HUD changes...
TING THING. If 7.0 is going to be great, you're going to HAVE to attempt to add this. PLEASE ALLOW the mouse to interact with the HUD. Either that, or the better route would be to allow this in custom menus. MEANING, aligning sprites to create a visual custom menu. And using command prompt to check variables to block/unblock options. I'd love to create a custom menu like this.

The way this works, is that all the text like, Pic Axe, Specials, the background, etc are all sprites. The green around the pic axe button is letting the player know it's selected. The way this menu could work, is that we use a freeze game command. Although, there would need to be a freeze game= true command in stead of freeze game=60. Then, we spawn, and align sprites to the view where we want them to. If only sprites had command prompts to do stuff when clicked on. That'd be another thing to see in 7.0 to make this illustration work. Once clicked on, then it runs commands. IDK how arrow key support would work. Anyway, another command prompt for sprites would be if the mouse is hovering over the sprite. See how neat this is? This is more universal. And the HUD stuff could play a key role in this as well. Anyway, this is something I WANT SO BAD in 7.0.

TingThing, please spend a few days trying to make this work. If you don't add it to 7.0, 7.0 will still be great I'm sure, but this will unlock potential to PB of which MANY things could be possible! I beg you to please consider this. I beg you, please attempt to add this in 7.0 TingThing.