Author Topic: Crazy Shape Banzai  (Read 14311 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: Crazy Shape Banzai
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 12:08:36 PM »
You just should play this by yourself and it takes no much time to find something weird. It is very difficult for us to diagnose your game problems and reasons and to name those all if the game has even no stable version to enjoy.
I think TingThing made the right decision considering this game as Featured. It really is a different type of game from others and impresses with lots of new design and system but it still needs a lot of work, however. My game have issues too but those are difficult to find often. I just test if I can beat my game and see if I found any glitches in a journey but the game is big and I for sure may not find everything. This is why other people can report about the problems because they may pass the paths differently and find something accidentally which may haven't found by me. If your game is simply glitchy there is no reason for us to debug for you. Just fix the easiest to find glitches and bugs first!
Alley (T_Alj5)

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 12:41:59 PM »
@Alley
Do you talk to me or CGM? Sorry, I‘m a bit confused and don’t really understand what u mean, cuz my english isn’t the best!

@CGM
I can try to make some screenshots, but it’s not that easy, cuz they bugs or glitches are random...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 01:07:05 PM by Aeterna Games | Æ »
My Projects:

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 02:09:49 PM »

Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 02:18:28 PM »

Thank you for your memory. I forgot to say that my game has crashed twice. C:-)
My Projects:

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 03:03:44 PM »
Don't worry! :) My English is not that good also but considering that there is no game by you currently to comment about yet or a fact I am in a topic created by CGM the previous post can be written only for CGM. Also, it can be confusing to the other for whom my answer goes to like it is confusing for me to see memes and pictures appear to the forum randomly... But I can explain. For me, if I don't quote anyone nor mention anyone then my answer is always common or made for someone who posted last. So this answer has been made for you, Aeterna Games | Æ. :)

An error you posted about is a PB error actually. CGM should report about it, make something different in his game system or you also can report about it to TingThing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 03:10:12 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 03:58:51 PM »
You just should play this by yourself and it takes no much time to find something weird. It is very difficult for us to diagnose your game problems and reasons and to name those all if the game has even no stable version to enjoy.
I think TingThing made the right decision considering this game as Featured. It really is a different type of game from others and impresses with lots of new design and system but it still needs a lot of work, however. My game have issues too but those are difficult to find often. I just test if I can beat my game and see if I found any glitches in a journey but the game is big and I for sure may not find everything. This is why other people can report about the problems because they may pass the paths differently and find something accidentally which may haven't found by me. If your game is simply glitchy there is no reason for us to debug for you. Just fix the easiest to find glitches and bugs first!

I am quite surprised. Did you actually play the explore version of the game, Alley? I tested and tested till I didn't find any bugs. I'm still fixing issues, but I've played it many many times through. And haven't found bugs. What bugs are you finding? 

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2019, 04:01:29 PM »
I'm adding more arenas. Bigger ones. Better ones. The current ones are staying BTW. But I'm moving on to bigger better arenas.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2019, 09:57:25 PM »
I am quite surprised. Did you actually play the explore version of the game, Alley? I tested and tested till I didn't find any bugs. I'm still fixing issues, but I've played it many many times through. And haven't found bugs. What bugs are you finding? 
I always play new Explore games if I notice something. So yeah, I am quite surprised also because I actually played the explore version of your game. I have no friend to play any games with and it needed no more efforts to find bugs than just playing one tournament until to the end. Maybe then sometimes, some PC's may run some games differently than some others...

But okay... I will try to name something that I can remember.
  • Player shapes can get stuck when being in collision with a solid object, in tiny pathways or with a collision of a ladder. It strived to happen somewhere between the wall and ladder easily but it wasn't too complicated to jump out from there.
  • Bigger bug can happen with a system that may not be an objective rating who wins. I could die with one player so its lives could be so even -1 but with another player going to 0 it counted lose with that player later. I am not sure if player1 or player2 bugged, however.
I also must be honest that I probably may not understand what happens in your game with all those particles and effect which I also mentioned somehow when we chatted. This results with a fact I actually don't dare to name everything confidently because I may not be objective this way. I just often felt that something is not right when playing and I also didn't bother to focus much more because this game doesn't run very smoothly in my PC and I still also have some limitations with my time. I feel, however, I should let you know about the problem. So if you really work that hard as you say just for finding the biggest bugs from your game then let's say for not being too stark that try to find a cause what results from your system being not objective rating who wins! Then this game should be good enough for me to help you more with focusing harder. :)
And please don't be mad, I say that work hard testing before releasing for debugging! I just may mistakenly consider things to be also considering how you have worked with the previous projects. :-\ I am not going to blame your game being laggy because I remember you said your game working smoothly in your PC. :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:03:32 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2019, 10:08:59 PM »
The first bug I have no control over. I run into that periodically. The second bug is something that happens on a rare occasion. I don't know what to do to fix it. I have conditionals set that it seems to completely overlook! Thanks for the reports though!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2019, 10:22:51 PM »
I try to be more helpful though for maybe not being too stark. :-\

I couldn't figure out where the player1 is. Considering that in total chaos with only platforms being a solution to be alive and being still alive with all that movement with player1 I say that player1 didn't exist. Also, I suicided with player2 to move on and it caused player2 being the winner. The same happened also at the next level. No player1.

I say there is something seriously wrong with your game. If PB is too limited for you to create this game then try to build this game by doing few things per a certain time amount not building the whole game before you at last will going to test the whole thing!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:27:01 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2019, 10:28:32 PM »
Oh, I fixed that. Must have forgotten to update it. I'll do that now. It was caused because of death blocks and stuff. If the player actually dies for real, then it won't appear anymore. You see, it's got it's own custom HP system. In order for it to work, the player can't actually die. If this happens again, tell me where it happened in an area.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:31:25 PM by Christian Game Maker »

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2019, 10:49:23 PM »
I see you also have now started to listen to my suggestions if I saw a new button that hints on what to do to move on. :) I also like about how you design that disco light which is blocked by a block.

From starting to play the game again nothing seems to be better, however.

Already in a first match (or level), there is for sure a problem when player1 got killed by a barrel that landed on that player and exploded. Player lives were counted from 1 to 0 but were resurrected which also does not result in the next match nor a victory owned by Player2.
I also felt down to the pit which caused no death. I may understand that the reason for this may be that I turned off hazards but falling down to the pit still would be more beautiful if it would kill. :) I don't know. For a design reason, you, for example, can add additional blocks to prevent death by falling down if hazards has been turned off. If falling down to the pit should kill no matter if hazards are on or off then this is where the glitch is also.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:56:03 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2019, 11:07:13 PM »
You are supposed to die in that pit. IDK why that won't work. That's strange about the explosives. IDK why that is happening.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2019, 11:11:00 PM »
You really should work on it to figure it out or consider to replace your system with another one... I am not going to push you with extra suggestions right now. Fixing those really ugly bugs would result in me to enjoy your game much more.
The game idea is not bad at all and it is not complicated to imagine this game work without bugs. It would be amazing. :)

Right now, I saw you updated your game once again but it seems it didn't make anything better. :-\
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 11:14:19 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2019, 11:17:06 PM »
IDK how to fix either of those bugs. They seem more like PB bugs, then again, not. I have conditionals that are fool-proof. IDK why PB sometimes seems to overlook them.