Author Topic: My alternative project...  (Read 3463 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
My alternative project...
« on: September 23, 2019, 03:01:54 PM »
This is the first episode of the new project for Doom I am working on. I try to do it like other developers and big companies also offering just a whole product at a certain time and just improving it continuously when the game is done. That is why I am offering only really Alpha levels also for this project.

Although, I am not going call myself to be on a break and I also work on IGP more than many people with their project from that community when they are on a break but I was stuck in updating IGP. This was glitchy because of a very tough update 7.0 for PB which needed stability fixes for quite long. This alternative project is what I worked with to still fill any of my goals when IGP was like on hold. Because of I currently, only get more and more inspiration and wish when I again accomplish something with it currently I think I also focus more on this project for now.
Why is it here? Well, I just wanted to share with this community what else I can do, for example. ::)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 02:59:28 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: My alternative project...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 04:33:02 PM »
although I never played Doom (let alone looked at the modding scene), this looks playable.
maybe I'll give it a shot. ;)

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 09:14:28 PM »
5/5

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 02:57:19 AM »
Thank you both for coming by! O:-)

although I never played Doom (let alone looked at the modding scene), this looks playable.
maybe I'll give it a shot. ;)
Would you like to get then the required files and source port to practice this mod also by yourself? ::)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 02:57:49 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Gizgord

• average
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 04:08:20 AM »
it was more of a joke than a request

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 05:40:54 AM »
Thank you both for coming by! O:-)
Would you like to get then the required files and source port to practice this mod also by yourself? ::)
Yes, I want to play this mod
Have you contacted Bethesda to show them the mod? They can easly engage you!
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 02:12:09 PM »
it was more of a joke than a request
Oh, and how I suppose to take that? :o Have these forum members started to make jokes rather than compliments and/or critique completely then? ???

Yes, I want to play this mod
Have you contacted Bethesda to show them the mod? They can easly engage you!
Anyone who makes no jokes and can be serious also can download the required files as following:
  • Monsters for including everything custom that my Alpha project currently have. Click here!
  • Undesigned maps to collect everything together and show what my projects would be going to include in order. Practically for any possible player, it will have something plain to make a whole thing possible to beat. Click here!
  • Source port to run the game and mod must be downloaded. Old and abandoned application for running via DOS won't run my mod properly if at all because it has new scripts and GZdoom configurations that is an extra for newer Doom and it's source ports that can be run by those. Click here to find!
  • Also, I forgot to mention and consider with an IWAD perhaps main data that collects everything basic from Doom and must be achieved to merge with my PWAD's together to a full product before offering my mod for playing. Although it is an abandoned thing it still cost a bit of money but is not very easy to find also. So you can download the files here if you have no big problems in archiving Doom for free. To be more precice you will need to merge my personal files with a file called "Doom2.wad".
  • Finally, for now, you will have to use my personally created patch file to merge all files easily together and run those in a source ports. Because of current settings in the patch file, you should install your source port to a directory offered by default when installing if you are unable to edit the patch. Click here to download but please let me know if you no Windows but Linux or Mac for example because for other operating systems those directories are different.
Doom2.wad should be in the same directory with a Zandronum application. For any other files please create a separate folder! Those should be placed altogether.

Now, who or what is Bethesda? ::)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 02:24:26 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Gizgord

• average
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 02:23:50 PM »
Oh, and how I suppose to take that? :o
the key word is "maybe".
I expressed little interest and used a silly pun to make my delivery funny.
honestly, I just assumed I could download it from your webpage. that's why I didn't bother for your reply.
that being said, maybe I should town down a bit with the humourous act. :P

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 02:35:33 PM »
the key word is "maybe".
honestly, I just assumed I could download it from your webpage. that's why I didn't bother for your reply.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 02:42:21 PM »
the key word is "maybe".
I am glad you, however, had a little interest then. :) Although, I really don't understand why everything in the last months and everywhere must be funny and tricky always. ???

Also again, it is an Alpha project. I don't make it decent nor I won't design any maps because of being slow always I wanted to try being like the others who are going to work on a big whole thing and the system to start improving and making it better when it is done. Just to have something big fast. Maybe those type of big projects that start from little and grow better would have much more to show and get more attention. It has no web site nor any decent preparation of images, plot and such and to be honest currently I even didn't expect it to be playable for anyone. It actually starts quite similarly with IGP because I had similar plans with it. I wanted to focus on collection rather than a game first to grow it to a game later when it has a lot in it. The only difference is that I started to make complicated things first to impress myself and the others to gain more inspiration and motivation for keeping myself on one thing. Platform Builder, however, is growing and updating and with it its a normal thing Platform Builder have stability issues regularly which gets us stuck in working with our projects and because Platform Builder is easy to use we should be more decent at least. It is quite an easy to edit Doom and to be honest currently, it is also much simpler to plan the whole thing for Doom. I even don't work on complicated things about how maps are working nor any special effects because I have not planned the sequence yet what comes first and what later as a reward and extra. :)
People, however, call modding for Doom complicated because it really can be somehow but not about how to use toolkits and how to script even but planning, making things unique and such... I never have been successful in planning a whole going for my own Doom mod but I would like to. ::)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 02:53:25 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 03:07:23 PM »
The question may remain why I even bothered to create this topic when I even didn't plan it to be accessible yet. As I said, I just felt that I want to share a few other things that I can touch and I can admit I hoped for a bit of attention also which I did get also. But you can do your jokes and tricks with the others perhaps with them who understand those. I am not interested and to be honest, I personally would limit and moderate those popular growing memes and such everywhere if I would be staff. At first, I called it normal when it existed first time in the memes section and off-topic but now this forum with all those big images and colorized text everywhere spamming lot's of topics looks very ugly. ::)
Alley (T_Alj5)

Gizgord

• average
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 03:35:46 PM »
you have a good point!
it can feel like bladant spam at times. I try to keep my jokes light-hearted and don't rush on memes too much (I may be failing, I don't know).
however, I'm not everyone. I think this behavior could work if it was limited to light, off-topic threads. it's not appropriate to spam the board of someone's game with memes (unless said person is fine with it, I guess).

went a bit offtrack here. bottom line - I'll try this alpha out if I get the chance. Cheers :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:45:40 PM by Gizgord »

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2019, 03:46:24 PM »
Can we use it with GZDoom?
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2019, 05:31:30 PM »
Can we use it with GZDoom?
I just tested if it is compatible with GZDoom also and yes everything seemed to be 100% correct even there. :) But you will need to know about how to merge the files to run in GZDoom or about how to edit the patch file for your wished result because I haven't prepared my game for GZDoom. My patch will do it and run Zandronum from a certain directory.
But it is possible that you can do a simple temporary or even permanent merging by yourself because I see that those things I am talking about seem to be no foreign topic for you at all. :)

you have a good point!
it can feel like bladant spam at times. I try to keep my jokes light-hearted and don't rush on memes too much (I may be failing, I don't know).
however, I'm not everyone. I think this behavior could work if it was limited to light, off-topic threads. it's not appropriate to spam the board of someone's game with memes (unless said person is fine with it, I guess).

went a bit offtrack here. bottom line - I'll try this alpha out if I get the chance. Cheers :)
I am actually very glad you even agreed with my point about all those jokes and memes. :) I thought it may be possible that you will make another joke, argue or will not answer at all. Yeah, light amount of jokes and quotes would be okay so actually everyone would understand what people are talking about. Plus not only someone's game page but also everything else which talk about a certain thing, it is not suitable to throw random memes if someone is waiting for certain type of responding from the others. ::)
I am glad you would try my Alpha also. There is no hurry though, it upgrades even over the time when we communicate each other and can be bigger than yesterday although it probably takes much more time before any already existing levels will look better by design, special effect and several types of obstacles.

You can check my YouTube channel to see any of my other Doom projects where I focused more on the faster appearance of maps.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 05:37:53 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2019, 07:42:07 PM »
I still need to work a bit with this Alpha project because there is no reason to work with something when I will stop soon without including at least something the most important in it... Now, the second episode of the new alternative project for Doom is ready for an Alpha gaming experience. :)
The first episode had some of its notable enemies such as Demon Lord as a gatekeeper to the hell and The Cyber Annihilator as the boss to finish the episode. Now, this episode includes 2 bigger threats such as the Icon of Sin being no final boss and The Spider Demolisher as the boss for episode 2.
Alley (T_Alj5)