Author Topic: Medley of Suggestions 9: Comamnds & Conditionals Edition  (Read 777 times)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Medley of Suggestions 9: Comamnds & Conditionals Edition
« on: January 07, 2020, 08:34:56 AM »
Medley of Suggestions 9

Here a new edition of Medley of Suggestions. This time I will just add command stuff for Platform Builder but sometimes maybe I will add non-command-related suggestions.

1.- [instance id] conditional and bracketing: Detects the instance id of an item, being just unique for each object in the game. It's different the instance id from the normal id as 2 bullets from the same projectile with the same id, will have 2 different instance ids. Just to detect an specific object, I think this is easy to add with GameMaker: Studio

2.- Key pressed, key released conditionals: Checks if a key was pressed and released, differs from normal key conditional as key pressed will only execute once you press the key, but no more until you release and press again it and release one explains itself.

3.- Way to modify properties like health, max health speed from specific enemies/projectiles in-game with commands: Explains by itself.

4.- Block count conditional: Explains by itself.

5.- Allow for decimal numbers in commands: Useful for some stuff.

6.- Open Settings, Load game, Save game, New game commands: Cool to make custom menus etc.

7.- Skip Menu option: Not a command, but will be cool.

8.- Send an area to a upper folder: I think there is no way to do that actually.

9.- Tagging objects and use them with commands and conditionals: We can detect specific enemies, blocks, projectile groups without detecting each of them.

10.- Command to add and remove light sources: Explains by itself.

11.- Commands to check for what the player is stepping on: Like blocks, air, specific floor tiles or even add invisible ground type blocks.

12.- Date and time commands, conditionals and brackets: Useful to check if it's halloween or christmas to do special stuff on game, etc.

13.- Apply gravity to blocks: Explains by itself.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 08:42:42 AM by Antikore »
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Medley of Suggestions 9: Comamnds & Conditionals Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 04:32:39 PM »
Every one of those suggestions should be taken.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Medley of Suggestions 9: Comamnds & Conditionals Edition
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 04:54:00 PM »
6.- Open Settings, Load game, Save game, New game commands: Cool to make custom menus etc.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!