Author Topic: CPU Programming??? IN command prompt? YES! 7.1 suggestion  (Read 1148 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
CPU Programming??? IN command prompt? YES! 7.1 suggestion
« on: August 25, 2019, 05:55:03 AM »
Platform Builder is so advanced, all that TingThing has to do is fill in quite a few missing pieces to make Platform Builder truly...Complete. One of those things which should be added is CPU programming. How? Using timelines, we can check the player's behavior, and create a CPU using either P2 or an NPC. So, we need commands to check certain behaviors. These commands can be used for more than CPU programming, but for other things as well for special events. Commands like,
"If player 1 place free with NPC 12  = x+14"
That conditional checks to see if the NPC is 12 pixles away from the player. If we had conditionals for this for NPC's, items, blocks, enemies, BOY! The things we could do! Depending on how far away objects are, we can tell Platform Builder how those objects behave. For example, if an enemy is 150 pixels away from the player, we can tell the enemy to change to a projectile and then home in on the player. The possibilities are endless. Add this to 7.1, and tons of new options can be created in Platform Builder. I hope to see this taken in 7.1. If not, that's fine. But I hope TingThing at least tries to add it! ;)

(This suggestion is inspired from a line of code from GML code.)

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: CPU Programming??? IN command prompt? YES! 7.1 suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 08:38:56 AM »
Wow :o
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 04:08:24 PM »
This I hope to see. It'd help a lot for PVP games for CPU programming. And also for Antikore's pong game.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 08:21:36 PM »
The year is 2020. The month, January. The day? The 13th. 4 months since this topic was started, and I really want this taken soon in a future PB update. Please reply to this if you want to see it in a future update!

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 07:01:40 AM »
The year is 2020. The month, January. The day? The 13th. 4 months since this topic was started, and I really want this taken soon in a future PB update. Please reply to this if you want to see it in a future update!
I want this
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!