Author Topic: Important request for developers...  (Read 2610 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Important request for developers...
« on: February 18, 2020, 12:27:00 AM »
Please, always when making a game bother to make a lazy screenshot about this at least when playing!::) There was an old-time when there were no many games at Explore and so I always knew what was checked out and what's not. I always have checked for a new game but my PC needed to be reset and there are quite a lot of games already. PB does not show what's played and what's not if PC has been reset plus I have no time to play all games again that can't be separated from each other because of the same image that shows when no screenshots made. This is why I may leave your game unplayed when you don't bother to upload a screenshot at least. Even if Explore show about the new games because several new games may have been uploaded but Explore seems to show an icon of new games only once.

I believe that all frequently active members bother to upload one lazy image at least and people who made most of the games full of laziness will not bother to register anyways. I, however, hope that some of them at least read the post from this forum and take me seriously. Other people may have the same reasons as I have... :P
I also would like to suggest now Ting_Thing add some warning about the same thing I described here when you don't bother to make even one screenshot or even banning the games with no screenshot. :) Because of why maybe I should have written to a Suggestion category but this topic even should be taken as an Announcement.  C:-)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Important request for developers...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 01:02:04 AM »
TingThing is the one who created the default screenshot, and I agree, Alley, but I don't think games need to be removed over this.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 02:11:35 AM »
Of course, I don't want to say that all of those games should be removed nor even that one of those should be. O:-) I, however, think that from now on, it should be limited. You can't publish your game with no game name and if I remember properly with no worlds and levels also. The same should go to a screenshot or give warning at least before publishing. ::)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 02:12:41 AM »
Oh. I missunderstood.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 08:58:20 AM »
I also want more screenshot slots and a youtube vid slot.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 08:59:58 AM »
YouTube thingy will be probably too hard
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 09:01:54 AM »
YouTube thingy will be probably too hard
I don't think so.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 09:31:21 AM »
I don't think so.
I think yes. I used GameMaker Studio. TingThing would probably need some third-party plugin or something like that to do it. Trust me
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 05:43:54 PM »
TingThing wouldn't go for the youtube thing, likely. It'd be cool, though.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 12:24:05 AM »
I think yes. I used GameMaker Studio. TingThing would probably need some third-party plugin or something like that to do it. Trust me
This is what, I agree with. :) You can't say for sure which is simple and which is hard if you are not a developer in the level.
For me, I have used Game Maker and it was not difficult to learn about how to add a video or even web pages to the game. To be more precise it is very easy but Game Maker has only some basic options to do some not customizable things at that level. Figuring about how to add those boxes to the game without ugly full screen, a separate window and a "Close" button that would fit a special game design also are very hard. I don't know how to do it. ;)
Alley (T_Alj5)

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 10:27:27 PM »
three picture for an explore page is good enough, there's always an option to see more contents on forums. if someone cares, they can go and look.
the easiest solution to this problem I can come up with is a requirement of at least one uploaded image. although this could make more harm than good, with folks uploading random things just to publish their level.  ???
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:28:59 PM by Gizgord »

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 12:44:15 AM »
The requirement to upload at least one screenshot is reasonable but Ting_Thing actually also should review if at least one screenshot from the game has been taken or just some type of picture has been uploaded that even does not fit with the subject. For now, it seems there is no reason why we should send our games to moderation first and wait before our game will be visible because it seems that every game will be accepted anyway.  ???
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:45:19 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 03:15:05 AM »
I doubt that, Alley.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 03:06:19 PM »
I doubt that, Alley.
After all what are you thinking Alley? If it's unrelated to the game, TingThing will not feature the game. He's human !

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2020, 07:33:28 PM »
After all what are you thinking Alley? If it's unrelated to the game, TingThing will not feature the game. He's human !
If I understand you properly then I for sure agree with you in this and I am glad that my game has been considered as one of those good ones. ::) I just made my topic because I have wanted to try to play every new game at least once but my PC got messed up and every game from Explore then was uninstalled. And I really didn't want to play all of those bad games again just to see if there are some new games available more than just one. This meant I also stopped playing a lot of new games that have no screenshots. ::)
My suggestion to add some more little rules also to the games that do not need to be Featured is for the authors good also. I think Mechasaur should agree with me in this one. ::)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 07:36:46 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)