Author Topic: Invasion sheets  (Read 6348 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Invasion sheets
« on: May 19, 2018, 07:17:05 PM »
Ting_Thing should be proud. People are that interested in Platform Builder so they heavily have begun to work on resources exactly meant for Platform Builder. Now there come my sheets and you can get those for collecting to any recourse center or for trying to do something from Invasion: Going Personal also by yourself if you like. 8)

Sprite sheets:

Tilesets:

General information:

License: Credit recommended
Authors: Alley (T_Alj5), Rage resources creators and Platform Builder original sprites creators.

Remove any broken links, change already existing ones and add the remaining ones! :) If you want more by me or if you want any improvements on current ones then mark this topic as following and get to know about the news!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:27:37 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: Invasion sheets
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 07:25:42 PM »
Currently, I was focused on building a vehicle for a character. So everything needed for this vehicle have been uploaded for now.

About the files

You definitely will need a character sheet for a vehicle but below you can read the explanation about what for the other files may be needed.

• You are going to need items sheet for a hud to show vehicle currently being in use. Just create the item with a plane sprite and set it to show on item panel! Then command a game to give the item to a player via command prompt whenever you picked the vehicle. You also will need this sheet with a tileset.
  • You are going to need a tileset to leave an impression like there is a vehicle for going to be captured. For this place required tiles to a course and add an invisible item on this! Invisible item can be done with my sprite sheet. This invisible item should lead you to another course where you start with a vehicle.
A vehicle is ready to use and have some sprites in it only because it is able to fly forward only. The plane has been meant to destroy also enemy plane on impact so it explodes on death. For this plane create a character with a runner movement and many other abilities can be disabled. Secondly, you must command your player to fly. This causes view travel and disables the ability to move back.
This, however, doesn't mean that I will not improve the sheets. I want to be rather quick because time runs very fast. Also, all sprite sheets and tilesets will be not done before Invasion: Going Personal will be done.

You probably will need to edit or create a new character sheet and tileset for making this compatible with your own game.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:26:12 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 07:29:16 PM »
Wow, these sheets seem pretty cool, if you want, you can have your resources in https://pbuilderresources.blogspot.com.es/ my new website dedicated to these things like sheets!

How did you make the vehicle? it's pretty cool!
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »
I am impressed! Please make more vehicle sprites! Like a tank. Or a submarine!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:53:46 PM by Christian Game Maker »

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
Wow, these sheets seem pretty cool, if you want, you can have your resources in https://pbuilderresources.blogspot.com.es/ my new website dedicated to these things like sheets!

How did you make the vehicle? it's pretty cool!
Thank you, Antikore! I made a lot of work actually in the same way as you did. I set the correct resolution, created conditions to capture as easy as possible and made screenshots. I also used fps via command prompt to rip pictures from the animation easier.
For a vehicle, I took a vehicle from Battle Toads for an example and used colors from Platform Builder chests. I used paint for drawing and editor for sprites in Game Maker to add transparency.

I am of course glad to see my stuff on your website but my sheet will be not done before Invasion: Going Personal will because I create what I currently need. So I sure will need an option to update my already existing sheets beside adding those.
If you agree with this then sure please add my resources!  O:-)

Title/Name: Invasion sheets
License: Credit recommended
Author/s: Alley (T_Alj5) for new resources. Some sprites and tiles have been edited and added again from sprites and tiles in Platform Builder itself. Rage's resources were used and edited also.

I am impressed! Please make more vehicle sprites! Like a tank. Or a submarine!
Thank you, Christian Game Maker. Unfortunately, it probably will be difficult to comply your wishes in a near future because time is very limited and I actually am in a struggle to create already planned things fast enough... However, for the latest level, I plan to create some vehicles also for the enemies.  :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:09:59 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 08:32:45 PM »
Ok, thank you, I think I understand. Right now is published and if you want to update it, simply send me a PM or whatever, and tell me what the update changes and give me the new sprite sheet or whatever, I will modify the things on PBuilder Resources to anyone see the new version. Of course, if you want to remove the post in PBResources, simply tell me.

I like to have each thing separated, but as you have given me the title and things about the three together, I did an exception :D.

Here is the link:
https://pbuilderresources.blogspot.com.es/2018/05/invasion-sheets.html

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 09:08:12 PM »
Thank you too also for your complaisance. Your given solutions are very helpful.

To be more precise I may need both. Adding new sheets and another time updating those. My files are together because those things are from Invasion: Going Personal. Some files such as a vehicle may be quite unuseful to other people without editing because it does not provide a default character on a plane or can be used only for easter eggs relating to my game without editing. Also, some things such as a character sheet can be connected together for a properly working game.
A lot of things also have been ripped only to provide a new behaviour or for hiding triggers.

This is a reason why my sheets are Invasion sheets and I believe you should make me an exception because of this case. :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 09:43:29 AM »
Yes, I'm thinking about future stuff I want to make, and probably resource packs will be very epic and useful. But now I'm adding sounds and some more things. :D

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 07:43:39 PM »
Good! Resource packs, categories or something like this - That is what I thought.  :)  By the way, I also have some kind of sounds and even kinds of music to offer where I have put my hand on.

Now I have some more tiles to offer. Currently, I was focused on design that the latest level should have also but which does not exist in Platform Builder itself. New tiles have been included in a tileset which replaces the previous one that I shared here previously. Signs are suitable for a vehicle that was created previously but also for levels that have a very low time limit. You can see a new version of this tileset below.

Please check out a new tileset also! This may seem a bit not impressive at first but try it inside Platform Builder! This tileset is for making some transparent effects like red fog or lasers that fits with another tileset including tile which is a replacement from Platform Builder flamethrower. Use as foreground for better looking over the characters! Check it out from below!

The main post has been updated too.  8)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:33:29 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 07:46:03 PM »
Cool!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 08:13:30 PM »
Thank you! :) Have you noticed also my custom sounds for Platform Builder? You may like it considering that you can have some sound that differs from already existing sounds inside Platform Builder that are mostly quite a simple.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:14:43 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 08:34:31 PM »
I've seen it. I just haven't commented or heard them yet.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 08:51:09 PM »
Okay! :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 11:50:52 PM »
It's time to share another sprite sheet which is a new one for you not an update to previously added sprite sheets nor tile sets. Currently, I was focused on enemy vehicles for my the latest levels. Try it inside Platform Builder from below!

There are 3 vehicle sprites for different enemy behaviors. Otherwise, nothing else to say about it. You should understand enough how to use the latest one because it works quite a basic way. However, note that not only more sprites and tiles will be added but also some of those belongs to further improvement. But the most important and look is ready so for saving some time, for now, I plan to build some level for a moment again. Just keep eye on this topic to get some updates or improvements in the future again! ;)
The main post of this topic has been updated also!  8)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:35:33 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 12:14:54 AM »
Not bad! I'm sure I can do the same with my sprites.