Author Topic: HD UI  (Read 3326 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
HD UI
« on: August 10, 2020, 05:38:42 PM »
First off, this is very low priority. It's just simply a request to make the UI (User Interface) HD. That way PB would look nicer, perhaps more appealing, and would work better with HD games.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: HD UI
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 06:49:39 PM »
very low priority
Absolutely needed for hd games
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 07:43:22 PM »
No, it isn't! You can make an HD game just fine with our current UI setup.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 04:41:12 PM »
No, it isn't! You can make an HD game just fine with our current UI setup.
Shut up.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 06:44:55 PM »
It should be not a high priority to do. We have several very nice looking games at Explore by the best creators but those games are so big already that it takes very long to complete the installation. IGP mostly with customs only in the special levels is quite small yet but is impossible to upload by me already.
Most of the people wouldn't use much of the big resources to present a little. Quite a ridiculous also to have a super big 2D game that loads slower than a decent 3D game. :D
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 08:35:27 PM »
@Warrior555

Give me one good reason why we need to have an HD UI to make HD games.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 10:48:41 AM »
@Warrior555

Give me one good reason why we need to have an HD UI to make HD games.
You must be really dumb to not even understand why.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 01:40:07 PM »
I must be. I don't see why. The 1 reason I can think of which isn't even a good reason, is that it looks nice and blends well with the game. Other than that, it's really not needed. And if you think we need an HD HUD so that we can preview HD sprites better, even that isn't a good enough reason.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 02:08:28 PM »
is that it looks nice and blends well with the game.
That's exactly why. You can't just make hd ingame sprites for the level while not making the hud hd. This should be an evident to me.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 02:11:11 PM »
Yeah, but that doesn't make it a need. Which is why this is low priority. I'm with you, Warrior, because I would prefer to have it be HD, but it should be low priority nonetheless.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 02:53:18 PM »
Yeah, but that doesn't make it a need. Which is why this is low priority. I'm with you, Warrior, because I would prefer to have it be HD, but it should be low priority nonetheless.
If i'm requesting lots of needed suggestions, that's for Matt Adventure whenever I will work on it again. Hopefully since I will not work on it until the Obamium Game is finished, it's not needed to have them now. I just want to make sure that when I will restart the development I will have everything I need because I don't want to delay Matt Adventure more because there's not what I will need.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 06:40:52 PM »
As far as I know, no game in PB that is HD will require an HD UI to properly make. As long as you can make it, I think it's fine.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 08:10:45 PM »
As far as I know, no game in PB that is HD will require an HD UI to properly make.
It requires an hd ui to look good.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2020, 10:14:03 PM »
As long as the game itself looks good, the rest doesn't matter.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2020, 08:46:42 AM »
As long as the game itself looks good, the rest doesn't matter.
It includes the hud.