Author Topic: Some Suggestions  (Read 1079 times)

Fi

• Level 3: Plugger
    • View Profile
Some Suggestions
« on: August 14, 2020, 04:48:58 PM »
These are Just some Ideas I had for PB in one Post
1. Enemy Design/shared character design
For the Game I am making which uses a lot of Upload I was kinda bummed they were no way to have a enemy have multiple sprites without commands this is my most wanted feature that enemies should share character designs
You could use the PB Npc as Villain if you want
These are Suggestions that are minor and maybe already in the game

2. Controller maker support
Again IDK if this is there but It would be cool to have to make games with a controller

3. Easier ways to do custom power-ups

Yes you can do power-ups but it takes a lot effort and time to do so a easier way like maybe a custom Power-ups section

4. Menus like the title one

You can do menus but they are clunky so I wonder if a menu like the Title screen could be made

I have more ideas but are either too vague/out there or maybe be possible but theses are just my suggestions

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Some Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 07:36:29 PM »
Suggestion #1 isn't really needed. There was a debate about this, and it's really not all that necessary. It could be done, but it's not that important.

Suggestion #2: Could you explain a little bit better? Controls could be improved, such as creating custom keys and having keybinding options, so that makes sense.

Suggestion #3: This makes more sense for something like one of those limited programs, but PB isn't one of those programs. If we did this, it'd make it easier, but also would be like the old limiting PB systems. There's virtually no purpose in this.

Suggestion #4: You actually can do this, but it's a new feature and is yet to be improved. It requires commands (commands may seem intimidating, but they're really easy to learn.) It's mostly just using things like custom sprites that make it work.

Fi

• Level 3: Plugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 01:22:16 PM »
TBH it kinda for the 1st one is a feature that is needed as to my knowledge you cannout use the PB npc as bosses or have multiple sprites for enemies more of a feature that is on par with enemy physics

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 01:49:58 PM »
TBH it kinda for the 1st one is a feature that is needed as to my knowledge you cannout use the PB npc as bosses or have multiple sprites for enemies more of a feature that is on par with enemy physics
You can have multiple sprites for enemies
Code: [Select]
enemy [enemy id] sprite = [sprite id]
If you don't provide any enemy id, the enemy that executed/is involved in that command prompt will apply the sprite only.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 01:50:15 PM by Antikore »
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 07:48:28 PM »
1. Enemy Design/shared character design
You can make a character in the designer and export the sprites, then you separate the sprites and you import them in PB as sprites animations.
2. Controller maker support
Again IDK if this is there but It would be cool to have to make games with a controller
God no, the gamepad controls in SMM2 were awful and nobody should ever use them. PB was made for mouse/keyboard controls.
3. Easier ways to do custom power-ups

Yes you can do power-ups but it takes a lot effort and time to do so a easier way like maybe a custom Power-ups section
I don't really have problems to do that since it doesn't require much effort. If this was added I would still stick to the classic way.
You can do menus but they are clunky so I wonder if a menu like the 4. Menus like the title one

You can do menus but they are clunky so I wonder if a menu like the Title screen could be made
You can setup your game to skip the title screen and use a level as a title screen, you'd just have to make a script for the custom title screen.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!