Author Topic: Demon Hearts  (Read 13504 times)

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Demon Hearts
« on: September 28, 2020, 10:54:44 PM »
Demon Hearts

Hey guys!
I've started working on a new Project with PB. It will take some time till the first Beta or even full Game will come out, so I decided to make an introduction of my Project at first. :D

Infos:
Spoiler
Title: Demon Hearts
Creator: TheBurningBreath666
Genre: Metroidvania
Language: English
Playtime: XXX
Difficulty: Hard
Version: Beta
Copyright: Aeterna Games Æ

Characters:
Spoiler
Unknown (You)
Wakes up in a cell deep inside from catacombs. Suddenly, a dark creatur appears and shoot a powerful dark spell on the cell. After that the cell broke up and the creatur left again. So, he decided to escape this place and find his true destiny.

Dark Wizard- Naberius
He was once a servant of the demons and had the task of hiding and sealing the 7 demon hearts from Archdemon Astaroth with a dark spell. After that, the demons wanted to kill him, but he was able to escape. Now, he want to destroy the 7 demon hearts and stop Astaroth's evil plans.

Archdemon - Astaroth
He is the leader of the demons and ruler of the demonic world. He abused the power of the dark wizard to seal his hearts with a dark spell and scattered them around the world afterwards. So, nobody except the dark wizard, are able to destroy the hearts and kill Astaroth anymore. After that, he wanted to kill the dark wizard and get his staff to get invincible.

Story:
Spoiler
There are dark times in a world without any humans and animals left anymore. A dark, sad and demonic world ruled by demons and other dark creatures. Not too long ago after the humans and animals were killed by the demons, there was a dark wizard named Naberius. He was kidnapped by the demons to serve Archdemon Astaroth, the ruler of the demons and the demonic world. A powerful Archdemon like him has 7 demon hearts. He ordered him to use dark and forbidden magic to remove all of his hearts from his body and to be sealed with a barrier so that nobody, except Naberius, will be able to destroy them anymore. As a reward, he promised him to spare his life. Naberius trusted him, accepted it and started with the ritual. To protect his Hearts even more, Astaroth and Naberius started another dark ritual and created seven guardians to protect his Hearts. After every guardian was born, he gave every one of his 7 Hearts to give them life. But then, they realized that they wasn't easy to handle. No one wanted to obey him and do what they wanted.

The first one was full of rage and killed or hurted some of his own demons.
The second one was just eating all the time and never stopped.
The third one stole everything he could found no matter how worthless it is.
The fourth one argues with everyone all the time and cries, cuz she feels they are something better then herself.
The fifth one only wants to get more and more demons to do things with them for his own pleasure.
The sixth one just wanted to sleep and is too lazy for everything.
And the last one just stayed alone and didn't even mind and pay attention about everyone, he just ignore them, even Astaroth.

Every of his "children" was completely different so he gave them a special name. After some time, he was able to control and command most of them, but there was still one he wasn't able to control. He seems so much stronger than everyone, even himself, so Astaroth was afraid of being outbid from one of his own children and lower demons. To end this risk, he command Naberius to take his heart back and banned and lock his void body far away. After this was done, the rest of them was able to rule about some special places of the world and hide his hearts far away of him. Now the rituals was done and Astaroth ruled about everything and Everyone.
But it was a big mistake to trust demons like him and make them almost invincible. After he was done with that, Astaroth ordered the demons to put him in the torture chamber and let him die in agony there. He posed too much of a threat to him. Once Naberius is dead, no one will be able to defeat him anymore so he will be invincible. But luckily, Astaroth was able to escape in time. Unfortunately, he still needs to hide, cuz the demons are looking for him.
So, the dark Wizard learnt, never trust any demon. Now he want to find these demon hearts and destroy them to defeat archdemon Astaroth. But he can't do it alone, cuz it's too dangerous for him now, cuz of the demons. He decides, to free the last survivors in the catacombs to help him. And that last one are YOU.
Your mission is, to escape that place, get some help from Naberius, while he's hiding in his lair, and destroy all 7 Demon Hearts to defeat Archdemon Astaroth.

Gameplay:
Spoiler
It's an 2D Metroidvania game with RPG elements like Metroid, Castlevania, Demons Crest etc. You are only able to run and jump in the beginning, but u will be able to get more moves soon like, double jump, wall jump, stomp, shoot and even more. You will find a lot of dark spheres as collectables in every level. If u find them, u can bring them to the dark wizard Naberius in town, after u beat him the first time. He will be able to open them for u. Inside of them are dark souls, which u can use to buy moves, upgrades and more in the shop.
There will be 9 big levels and 7 bosses in this game. Before u get to the town, u need to beat the catacombs and the graveyard first. You already know, that u need to find and destroy Astaroth's Hearts, so u need to defeat every remaining guardians. Now, there's are the special parts about the game. After u are in town and met Naberius the first time, there will be 6 levels available. You can decide for yourself which level you want to play first, depends on which move u buy in the shop, cuz every level need another move to unlock. In this 6 levels, you need to find the demon hearts and defeat there bosses. But that's not all. You are ready to play the final level at the beginning too. After u beat 0, 2, 4 or 6 Hearts, u will be able to play the final level and fight Astaroth. The more Hearts u destroy, the more rooms the final level get. So as more u destroyed, the bigger, longer and harder the final level are. If u have 0, u fight Astaroth instantly without any rooms. For example, if u beat the forest and graveyard Heart, u will meet similar rooms fitting to the levels in the final level.
It's your choice what u want to do. You can unlock different endings, depends on what your choices are.

Screenshots:
Spoiler

Includes:
Spoiler
  • 9 or more worlds
  • 7 or more epic boss battles and a secret boss
  • A Town as the Overworld to explore
  • A Shop to buy moves, upgrades and more
  • A lot collectable dark spheres, upgrades and even more to find in every world
  • Cool custom inventory
  • Maps of every world to orientate
  • Achievements
  • Most custom resources
  • Some hidden Eastereggs
  • More Endings

DOWNLOAD:
Spoiler
Coming to explore and exe soon...

I hope you guys like it so far. This post will be updated from time to time to keep you up to date. ;)
So, stay tuned! ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 09:00:18 PM by Aeterna Games | Æ »
My Projects:

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Hearts
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 12:25:42 AM »
I'm very sad to say this, and I never ever thought I'd have to say this, and I never intend to hurt anyone's feelings for the games they make, I've never said this before, and it hurts me to say this, but I will not be playing this game. Let me explain. I am a Christian. I do not play games which have so many references to the occult, demons, etc portrayed in such a realistic way. This is not my kind of game. From what I can see here, this will not be a game I will be recommending. @Aeterna Games | Æ I'm not wanting to hurt your feelings, but I will not be playing this game. Please understand I hold nothing against you personally, but as a Christian, I do not feel right in playing it. That is my belief. It's a personal conviction. Please do not take this statement as me having anything against you. I just will not be playing this/recommending it. Thanks.

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 06:37:03 AM »
Literally when I start reading gameplay part in my head vampire killer song from castlevania started to play.
I can't wait to play this.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 06:40:38 AM »
I'm very sad to say this, and I never ever thought I'd have to say this, and I never intend to hurt anyone's feelings for the games they make, I've never said this before, and it hurts me to say this, but I will not be playing this game. Let me explain. I am a Christian. I do not play games which have so many references to the occult, demons, etc portrayed in such a realistic way. This is not my kind of game. From what I can see here, this will not be a game I will be recommending. @Aeterna Games | Æ I'm not wanting to hurt your feelings, but I will not be playing this game. Please understand I hold nothing against you personally, but as a Christian, I do not feel right in playing it. That is my belief. It's a personal conviction. Please do not take this statement as me having anything against you. I just will not be playing this/recommending it. Thanks.
Well, its just a game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Still, its understandable if you can't play due to that. I'll personally at least try it out in your place because, as far of stuff he show up before, it seems will be a very good and polished game.

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 08:06:50 AM »
wow. well, you got yourself some extensive lore for a PB game... I like what I'm reading. ;)
this looks like it'll be yet another big project. question is, are you actually going to finish it? or for that matter, produce a good-enough beta for us to still enjoy? I don't want to discourage, I just have my doubts.

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 08:16:22 AM »
wow. well, you got yourself some extensive lore for a PB game... I like what I'm reading. ;)
this looks like it'll be yet another big project. question is, are you actually going to finish it? or for that matter, produce a good-enough beta for us to still enjoy? I don't want to discourage, I just have my doubts.
Hopefully he will finish it.

Aeterna Games | Æ

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 01:45:26 PM »
Literally when I start reading gameplay part in my head vampire killer song from castlevania started to play.
I can't wait to play this.
@Antikore
I‘m glad you like it!

@Gizgord
It‘s not THAT BIG how you expect it is. There are only 9 levels and they aren’t as big as the worlds in bigger CV Games. The levels aren’t that complex and don’t need a map to help u. They are just some bigger and harder levels than usual. And there will be a Beta soon after the catacombs, graveyard and town is done. Maybe the first boss battle too!

Well, its just a game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Still, its understandable if you can't play due to that. I'll personally at least try it out in your place because, as far of stuff he show up before, it seems will be a very good and polished game.
@Christian Game Maker
What Antikore said, it’s just a game. Just try it out. The Demons aren’t your friends there and u can beat them as a Christian to bring peace again. :D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 01:51:56 PM by Aeterna Games | Æ »
My Projects:

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 04:18:28 PM »
Still, it'd violate my beliefs. "It's just a game" is a common excuse people make. The Bible says that "Whatsoever is not of faith, is sin." This has 2 meanings. 1, if I as a Christian have a problem with something that I feel violates my beliefs, yet I do it anyway, it is a sin. It also means that if the Bible says something against something, it is sin. The 2nd meaning comes into play with context. It says that, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing, by the Word of God (the Bible)." This indicates that Faith comes through faith in the Bible, and thus faith (Godly faith) comes from the Bible.

So, by this reasoning, (forgive me on my exhortation on a Bible truth) I believe I should not involve myself in this. It would violate my conscience. Thank you for understanding. ;)

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 04:55:08 PM »
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 05:03:07 PM »
@warrior I'm not sure how to take that.

Aeterna Games | Æ

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 05:31:01 PM »

@warrior
Joke = Mod abuse...
I hope that whole meme is a joke?! XD
But the last one was funny. ;)
My Projects:

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2020, 05:34:19 PM »
I wouldn't quite say I hate it.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 06:45:49 PM »
Joke = Mod abuse...
Rule 4 says to ask admins for roles, etc
I wouldn't quite say I hate it.
Then just play Hat in Time already
Else youre not a real gamer
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Aeterna Games | Æ

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2020, 06:58:14 PM »
Rule 4 says to ask admins for roles, etcThen just play Hat in Time already
Else youre not a real gamer
And I said it was a little joke. XD
And now stop talking about that again pls.
My Projects:

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2020, 07:11:57 PM »