Author Topic: Pixel perfect graphics  (Read 6402 times)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Re: Pixel perfect graphics
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2020, 08:26:34 AM »
@Aeterna Games | Æ I don't see what's wrong with sharing the most important info you could ever hear.

Anyway, @Dezue just hold it as it is now, and maybe in the future TingThing will be able to add pixel perfect with no anti-aliasing.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Dezue

• Love Ninja
  • Level 3: Plugger
  • Visit patreon.com/dezue
    • View Profile
    • The Funky Sexy Arcade
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2020, 10:37:03 AM »
I'm looking forward to the day :)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2020, 11:37:06 AM »
@Antikore @Dezue

You could use Reshade. That might help make things less blurry. I tried it out myself in the PB title screen areas, and it really sharpened things up! Just download reshade https://reshade.me/

and then after downloading, run it, find the Platform Builder.exe file, select one of the graphics API's. I think you want the Direct 9 one, or maybe it's the 12. I don't remember. But it's one of those ones. You may have to try different ones to get it working right. IDK which effect's pack you'll have to get as I don't remember which ones I got. You could just download them all (but that'd take some time to download probably) but I recommend just getting a few and looking for sharpening effects using the search. Anyways, just load PB, and then an overlay should appear. Press the Home button on your keyboard to bring up your settings or Shift+F2. If you don't see the overlay, this means you don't have the API correctly set. Just run the installer again, find the PB exe, then uninstall it, then just repeat the process until you find the right API that works.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2020, 10:29:50 AM »
@Antikore @Dezue
You could use Reshade. That might help make things less blurry. I tried it out myself in the PB title screen areas, and it really sharpened things up! Just download reshade https://reshade.me/ and then after downloading, run it, find the Platform Builder.exe file, select one of the graphics API's. I think you want the Direct 9 one, or maybe it's the 12. I don't remember. But it's one of those ones. You may have to try different ones to get it working right. IDK which effect's pack you'll have to get as I don't remember which ones I got. You could just download them all (but that'd take some time to download probably) but I recommend just getting a few and looking for sharpening effects using the search. Anyways, just load PB, and then an overlay should appear. Press the Home button on your keyboard to bring up your settings or Shift+F2. If you don't see the overlay, this means you don't have the API correctly set. Just run the installer again, find the PB exe, then uninstall it, then just repeat the process until you find the right API that works.
@Christian Game Maker (CGM) Is this thing patching the exe directly, or do we have to patch the game everytime we restart it?
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2020, 01:05:20 PM »
@Christian Game Maker (CGM) Is this thing patching the exe directly, or do we have to patch the game everytime we restart it?
That's a good question
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2020, 08:02:18 PM »
It installs DLL's into PB's game folder. So that whenever PB launches, it will launch with the DLLs which enable the shaders overlay.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2020, 08:11:13 PM »
It installs DLL's into PB's game folder. So that whenever PB launches, it will launch with the DLLs which enable the shaders overlay.
Cool, will try this tomorrow.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2020, 08:19:59 PM »
Ok, so apparently it is also allowed to ship it with our game for commercial use as long as we give credits:https://reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/5412-reshade-as-part-of-official-game-binary

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2020, 08:30:16 PM »
Cool. I didn't know that. ;)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2020, 02:56:28 AM »
Or.....

You guys would wait until PB 9 comes out.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2020, 03:11:42 AM »
...Ah. But reshade can do more than just that for PB.
...or we could do that.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2020, 02:54:52 PM »
...Ah. But reshade can do more than just that for PB.
...or we could do that.
Actually that's better, we don't have to rely on third-party softwares to just fix a graphical issue. Maybe we'll even get a vsync setting?
Also @TingThing did you seen my post on the 9.0 commands thread where I talk about the new action buttons? I think it's inmportant that you see this.

Dezue

• Love Ninja
  • Level 3: Plugger
  • Visit patreon.com/dezue
    • View Profile
    • The Funky Sexy Arcade
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2020, 03:00:56 PM »
The software sounds quite interesting, thanks!
I'm still tendind to wait for PB9, though ;)

Oh, a vsync option would be swell, too!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 03:01:35 PM by Dezue »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2020, 04:55:23 PM »
I've never had a ned for vsync.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer