Author Topic: Updated EULA for Platform Builder  (Read 4250 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Updated EULA for Platform Builder
« on: October 12, 2020, 02:59:21 AM »
Hi everyone,

I updated the EULA for Platform Builder on the Steam Page. You can view it here: https://store.steampowered.com//eula/885030_eula_0

This is the user agreement that you would have accepted when you installed Platform Builder. The updated EULA will eventually be reflected on the last page of the Platform Builder manual.

This biggest difference is that Platform Builder Pro users are now allowed to distribute their games for commercial purposes if they choose to do so (i.e., they can sell copies of their game for money). However, there are a list of requirements that must be met. You can read it about it in section 4.

Best,
TingThing

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: Updated EULA for Platform Builder
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 03:20:47 AM »
I was wondering about the legal hurdles since .exe exports were introduced. it's all clear now. :)

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 06:50:20 PM »
Hi everyone,

I updated the EULA for Platform Builder on the Steam Page. You can view it here: https://store.steampowered.com//eula/885030_eula_0

This is the user agreement that you would have accepted when you installed Platform Builder. The updated EULA will eventually be reflected on the last page of the Platform Builder manual.

This biggest difference is that Platform Builder Pro users are now allowed to distribute their games for commercial purposes if they choose to do so (i.e., they can sell copies of their game for money). However, there are a list of requirements that must be met. You can read it about it in section 4.

Best,
TingThing
What about fangames?
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 07:04:55 PM »
What about fangames?
4. e.) The user-made game does not infringe upon any copyright or trademark or other rights.
4. f.) The user-made game does not threaten or violate any laws.

I think this answers your question

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 07:46:42 PM »
Yes, so technically fangames are not allowed. But to be honest, that's not something I would be able to enforce (nor something I would even want to enforce). The biggest thing is that if anyone does get in trouble with fangames made by Platform Builder, then Platform Builder will not be liable. Anyone who chooses to publish a fangame does so at their own risk.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 07:48:19 PM by TingThing »

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 08:11:09 PM »
'Cept Sonic fangames are allowed more or less. Since Sega is awfully friendly to fangame developers. I mean, they hired a fangame developer! But I don't recommend making any Nintendo fangames.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 10:55:30 AM »
'Cept Sonic fangames are allowed more or less. Since Sega is awfully friendly to fangame developers. I mean, they hired a fangame developer! But I don't recommend making any Nintendo fangames.
Because the Sonic Team is too incompetent to make any good Sonic game they have to hire fangame devs.
Also as I know I don't think Nintendo has shut down any fangames since 2018 ??? ? Today the real deal would be probably Bethesda.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 11:07:05 AM »
Because the Sonic Team is too incompetent to make any good Sonic game they have to hire fangame devs.
Also as I know I don't think Nintendo has shut down any fangames since 2018 ??? ? Today the real deal would be probably Bethesda.
Nintendo makes good games but its politics are terrible
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 01:07:34 PM »
@Antikore That's policies. They have nothing to do with politics. I say the same thing myself.

@warrior I know. But lets hope next year they come out with something good. They do that once in awhile...

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 07:58:51 AM »
@Antikore That's policies. They have nothing to do with politics. I say the same thing myself.

@warrior I know. But lets hope next year they come out with something good. They do that once in awhile...

Yeah, whatever its called.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 01:04:02 PM by Antikore »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 09:47:27 AM »
@Antikore I don't understand why you quoted, and didn't say anything. It doesn't make sense.

Setap

• The Conservative Romanian Republic of Setap
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Developer of the Super Adventure series
    • View Profile
    • Setap's Website
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 06:20:11 PM »
@Antikore I don't understand why you quoted, and didn't say anything. It doesn't make sense.
Actually he said "Yeah, whatever its called." just aciddentaly put it in the quotes
setapdede Productions 2016-2022

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 06:56:49 PM »
Ah, okay.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2020, 11:53:20 AM »
Nintendo makes good games but its politics are terrible
Theyre being lazier than before (3d allstar is just a hd collection with garbage emulation and no galaxy 2 just to make money off your nostalgia) and they're actually improving their policies.

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 01:03:08 PM »
Theyre being lazier than before (3d allstar is just a hd collection with garbage emulation and no galaxy 2 just to make money off your nostalgia) and they're actually improving their policies.
I know.
Eh, wut? Lol, I didn't notice
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 01:04:15 PM by Antikore »