Author Topic: Goals to be completed in a specific order  (Read 633 times)

Wizard Indie Games

• Level 7: Tilbub
    • View Profile
Goals to be completed in a specific order
« on: November 24, 2020, 11:27:55 PM »
The ability to make the player complete goals in a specified order.

BTW:
I would also like to access enemy HP values via Commands.
Developer of:

AI Anomaly
Dickie A Cumming
Someone Cloned The President
Freedom! Do or Die
Pension Day
Red Mist: Rivers of Blood

Available on Steam

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Goals to be completed in a specific order
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 12:59:35 PM »
This can be done already in PB, and as such fits in the "general discussion" board.
To answer your question, let's suppose I want the player to collect all 4 password cards, then go to the computer to hack it, and then go to the exit flag.

First off, i will make the end flag using the method I told you in the last thread, except it checks if the area value "computerhacked" is = 1(we'll get back to it later).
Then, I will make a password card item that increase the area value "passcardcount" by 1 when collected.
Then I will make a computer object that when pressing up near it (that's the default interaction button for PB games), checks if value passcardcount is = 4. If yes, the interaction will be successful, the computer will be hacked, and the area value "ispchacked" will be set to 1, meaning you can use the exit flag.

If you also want the player to defeat the boss after hacking the computer and before going to the flag, and you want it to not appear until computer is hacked, you can make an event "spawn boss at spawn id [something]" when the interaction to hack the pc is successful, set the area value "bossdefeated" when defeating the boss, and make the flag check for that value instead of the "computerhacked" area value. If you want it to spawn when collecting all cards, you can make the card do also this when collected: check if the value reached 4, and if yes, spawns the boss.
Reminder tho: All area values must be defined to 0 in the begin area prompt.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 01:03:53 PM by warrior »
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!