Author Topic: Avatar Change for 2021!  (Read 2274 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« on: December 30, 2020, 04:00:08 AM »
NOTE: This is only to represent me, and does not reflect the way I look. It was inspired from my imagination, and my pixel avatar.

Okay, I was not expecting such negative feedback for the last post I made. After doing extensive work on a better version, I now unveil what a lot of you have already seen, only this time I'm showing off the entire character, instead of just the head and shoulders.I hope 'yall like this new one. It's taken a lot of time, and a lot of feedback to get it looking to the point of where people say they like it.

I quickly threw this render together, so the expression may seem odd to you, but I'm tired at the time of writing this. I really hope you all like this improved version. (The rigging's not done, if it was I'd be showing the model differently, like I'd mimic the avatar I've got now)

Here's some other pics: (They were all expression tests)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 04:02:32 AM by Christian Game Maker (CGM) »

Setap

• The Conservative Romanian Republic of Setap
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Developer of the Super Adventure series
    • View Profile
    • Setap's Website
Re: Avatar Change for 2021!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 06:34:30 AM »
CGM when the clock says December 32nd instead of January 1st:

setapdede Productions 2016-2022

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 10:17:34 AM »
The face looks too realistic and the head model but that's a WIP sooo... But the hair looks beautiful, the mouth looks better too and the new eyes are looking great! All's left would be to resmooth the shapes a little, make the face rounder the eyes bigger and rounder, make the mouth a part of the head, and this should be awesome!
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 05:21:14 PM »
@warrior It's funny, because I spent more time on those eyes than ANY other part of the model. And this was the only eye shape that everyone unanamously liked. I tried round, I tried slightly larger than this with round eyes, I tried everything. I'm sick of working on them. So, I really don't want to mess with them again.
The mouth is sort of a part of the head, but the thing is, I really don't want to mess with the mouth to make it look like it's actually a part of the head and not a drawn black line, because I've never done that before, it looks fine the way it is, the model doesn't have the right topology to even accomplish that task, (It'd take forever to fix it, and I might end up breaking the whole thing trying) but to try to do some non-destructive reshaping I can do that. I personally like the mouth. I'd like to have a talk with you in a PM warrior on steam or discord about the model so that I can finalize this thing.

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 10:08:08 PM »
@warrior It's funny, because I spent more time on those eyes than ANY other part of the model. And this was the only eye shape that everyone unanamously liked. I tried round, I tried slightly larger than this with round eyes, I tried everything. I'm sick of working on them. So, I really don't want to mess with them again.
The mouth is sort of a part of the head, but the thing is, I really don't want to mess with the mouth to make it look like it's actually a part of the head and not a drawn black line, because I've never done that before, it looks fine the way it is, the model doesn't have the right topology to even accomplish that task, (It'd take forever to fix it, and I might end up breaking the whole thing trying) but to try to do some non-destructive reshaping I can do that. I personally like the mouth. I'd like to have a talk with you in a PM warrior on steam or discord about the model so that I can finalize this thing.
Eyes are actually one of the most complicated parts of the human face
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 10:08:19 PM by Antikore »
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 09:07:04 AM »
@Christian Game Maker (CGM) I think you should honestly not make the model direcly, but first work on drawing your character in 2d. Then you will have a direct reference for making the 3d model.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 03:25:27 PM »
@Christian Game Maker (CGM) I think you should honestly not make the model direcly, but first work on drawing your character in 2d. Then you will have a direct reference for making the 3d model.
Someone told me to do that, and I didn't listen when they highly recommended I do it, I didn't do it, they did it for me, (just the head, shoulders, arms and they took several artistic liberties) and I ended up with a mess. So, next time I'm gonna be doing that. (And they weren't the first to tell me to do that either)

But since everyone is happy with it, I'm just gonna roll with this. But the RIGGING is INFURIATING. I spent most of yesterday on blender just messing with the rigging. It was aggravating. I'd rather have someone else rig it, because apparently there are either things I just don't know about rigging that if I knew I'd be a lot farther ahead than I am, or it's just that this is an insanely time consuming brain-numbing process. And I'll have to re-create the t-shirt because it seems that it's broken. (I have no idea why)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 06:20:56 PM »
I'll have to re-create the t-shirt because it seems that it's broken. (I have no idea why)
Is the shirt part of the human model? If yes make it separate from the body along with everything else hes wearing

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2020, 08:39:38 PM »
@warrior The shirt is a separate object. I've finally got it figured out. It's all coming together quickly, and I should have my new avatar out pretty quick here. As I'm typing this, my PC is rendering a test render. I want to make sure it all works perfectly.