Author Topic: two fatal errors with item boxes  (Read 242 times)

Gizgord

two fatal errors with item boxes
« on: April 03, 2021, 07:17:02 PM »
when I removed some items from the item box, set default and then open default, this fatal error occured.

Code: [Select]
of Mouse Event for Left Released
for object obj_selection:

Unable to find any instance for object index '197' name 'obj_ws_items_lock'############################################################################################
gml_Script_scr_load_item_box (line 53)
gml_Object_obj_selection_Mouse_7 (line 109)

this error repeated every time I pressed 'Open Default'. 'Open Factory Default' works.

then, I made a new item box manager and this popped up when I selected it
Code: [Select]
of Mouse Event for Left Released
for object obj_m_select:

Unable to find any instance for object index '197' name 'obj_ws_items_lock'############################################################################################
gml_Script_scr_load_item_box (line 53)
gml_Object_obj_m_select_Mouse_7 (line 274)

I tested this in a fresh 9.0.2 project, but my older projects have similar problems.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Re: two fatal errors with item boxes
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 04:31:49 PM »
I'm not sure if deleting an item is causing the problem. The missing instance in that error report isn't an "item" to select from/delete.

It works fine on my end. Why don't you send me your game file so I can take a closer look, preferably your fresh file that you tested with.

Gizgord

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 04:44:42 PM »
sure. on a side note, I quickly checked and my item box stays aligned as it was before leaving an area. I'm not sure if it didn't before or I just mixed that up.
however, those two fatal errors still occur.

I'll send you a PM in about a minute  8)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 12:38:15 AM »
Okay. I see that this is a problem with the compiler I was using, which is different than what I run tests with. For some reason the compiler is throwing all sorts of issues, including this one, and many others which (thankfully) aren't in the current public version.

I might have to make the next update in the different compiler until I can get those things sorted out.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 10:48:04 PM »
Update: The regular compiler started working again. So I jumped in and fixed that glitch. It will be ready in the next update.