Author Topic: Allow us to disable auto-scrolling of certain background layers  (Read 1206 times)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Useful to create, for example, sewer-like backgrounds, where the water waves scroll automatically but the rest of the bg doesn't
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Re: Allow us to disable auto-scrolling of certain background layers
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 02:16:16 AM »
Useful to create, for example, sewer-like backgrounds, where the water waves scroll automatically but the rest of the bg doesn't

You might have some success with an animated "background layer" rather than a scrolling one. You can't animate individual layers, but you could set down a background sprite and cause it to follow the x position of your view. sprite 1x = [view x]

Of course, you might run into problems if you're using background sprites for other purposes.

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Re: Allow us to disable auto-scrolling of certain background layers
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 09:43:07 AM »

You might have some success with an animated "background layer" rather than a scrolling one. You can't animate individual layers, but you could set down a background sprite and cause it to follow the x position of your view. sprite 1x = [view x]

Of course, you might run into problems if you're using background sprites for other purposes.
Yeah, I've those problems
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P