Author Topic: two fatal errors with variables  (Read 189 times)

Gizgord

two fatal errors with variables
« on: May 23, 2021, 10:44:16 PM »
I was working with variables, changed something and wanted to edit an area. this is what happened.
Code: [Select]
of Draw Event
for object obj_course:

Unable to find any instance for object index '64' name 'obj_ws2'
at gml_Object_obj_course_Draw_64
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_course_Draw_64 (line -1)
crashes kept repeating and I couldn't access the area. I didn't notice if it was the same error every time, but it probably was.

so, I started a Test Play, enter the level and went into Quick Edit. this is what it looked like.

and then, well...
Code: [Select]
of Key Press Event for <Escape> Key
for object obj_ws_play2:

Unable to find any instance for object index '363' name 'obj_camera'
at gml_Script_scr_stop_invincibility
############################################################################################
gml_Script_scr_stop_invincibility (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_ws_play2_KeyPress_27

I can provide more details if neccesary.  ;)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Re: two fatal errors with variables
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 01:54:35 AM »
Are you still unable to access your area because of the error? If so, please send the game to me and I'll take a look and get it fixed up for you.

Gizgord

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 07:24:40 AM »
for the record, this happened more than once. I didn't track what the code was for those, but usually I can enter that area after I abort one fatal error, so I didn't think it was a big deal.
this was unique, because it kept kicking me out when I tried to edit it. that's when I got to Quick Edit.
I'm not sure if this is relevant at all, but before all that I exported a .pbx backup

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 02:51:05 PM »
Well, if the error happens again and you can catch that in a game file, that will make it easier for me to look at it. As of now I'm not sure what has caused that to happen.

(I'm referring to the first one you mentioned. The error with the esc. key should be resolved)