Author Topic: Custom music not transitioning to another area the same  (Read 295 times)

Kemuja

Custom music not transitioning to another area the same
« on: June 26, 2021, 07:58:44 PM »
Long time no seen.

Whenever I use the same custom music in two different areas (let's call them Area A and Area B) and then transition from Area A to Area B (during "Test Run Game" as an example), the music resets. I could use "Continue Previous", but what if area B has a checkpoint (then the area has no music)?

Gizgord

Re: Custom music not transitioning to another area the same
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 08:56:08 PM »
Long time no seen.

(...) I could use "Continue Previous", but what if area B has a checkpoint (then the area has no music)?
how you've been?
'Continue Previous' will work. Platform Builder remembers music from previous areas after a checkpoint.

Kemuja

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 09:01:27 PM »
how you've been?
'Continue Previous' will work. Platform Builder remembers music from previous areas after a checkpoint.

Well, yeah it does, but when I use "Continue Previous", die and go back to the level (from the overworld, which also has custom music), it's quiet. By the way, when I die in this state and I return to my checkpoint, the overworld music starts playing in the level, and when I die then, it's quiet.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 09:02:08 PM by Kemuja »

Gizgord

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 09:43:13 PM »
I can see that now. this probably happens when you have custom overworld music. I made a quick test on my game and it just went silent, so slightly different than what happened to you. it's an oversight either way  :o
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 09:45:29 PM by Gizgord »

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 04:06:24 PM »
Ah, yes the uploaded music should not restart if you transfer to a different room with the same music. I'll fix this in the next update.