Author Topic: HANZO KID ADVENTURE  (Read 2740 times)

cbecvil

• Level 2: Gruppy
    • View Profile
HANZO KID ADVENTURE
« on: June 28, 2021, 10:18:31 AM »
Good Morning. I just published my great little project that I have been working on for so long. It is a very entertaining ninja game based on the true story of the ninja Hatori Hanzo. The introduction is finished, although I only have about two levels, two bosses and something else, but at least you can get an idea of ​​what I mean. It is quite ambitious to be my first project, so I do not want to rush too much, and of course, I apologize for the many errors that you may find. I hope you enjoy it. All the best.

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: HANZO KID ADVENTURE
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 02:52:27 PM »
new games are always exciting! I will be happy to play this once it gets approved and available. it might take a couple of days  :D

cbecvil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 09:43:00 PM »
Thank you. Here are some screenshots of the Game.

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 10:42:53 PM »
I cleared all levels so far and I quite like what you've done.  :D

I'd like to leave a small disclaimer. this community doesn't see new games every day, it's pretty slow most of the time. I might be a little too excited and biased, so take my words with the tiniest pinch of salt.  O0

I'm not familiar with history of Japan, what a unique idea! many games in the community feel fairly samey and generic with their stories. not reinventing the wheel, but definitely something fresh. a big plus.

I was caught off-guard with the gore and semi-strong language. it's not a common sight. I don't mind it at all, it's just something to point out.

I found the level design to be good, with one small caveat. platforming used character abilities well (although I'm not a big fan of Super Jump). however, sometimes I just don't know where to land. for example:

my problem with this section was, I didn't know where spikes were placed. you fall quickly, which made it harder to react. I hit the last spike and barely didn't land on the ground - this happened to me twice. you can call me a noob (which is true O:-) ), but I feel like this could happen to many more players. my solution would be to use more ground blocks and change it up to be a precision jump, rather than a blind drop.

did you create the art or was it someone else? they are lovely. Hanzo has very nice character animation. we haven't really seen such sprite-work before. default Platform Builder graphics are mixed pretty well. wood tiles in the tutorial blend in nicely, and mushrooms in the background in the second level were a nice touch. music is nice, too.

on a technical spectrum, your game is very impressive - especially for a first work. the cinematic intro, decent custom enemies, both boss fights (Daitengu was my favourite), the use of spawn blocks, and of course the weapon system. all of the weapons were fun to use. ended up using Kama just because it seemed best for the job. I'd like to see more focus put on other weapons in the future (like throwing Tetsubishi as a trap in narrow corridors or blowing up crates with Metsubushi).

however, as you excepted, I found few issues/some things I would have done differently. few examples:
  • Secret Exits are unnecessary, you can use normal Exits and red transparent paths - they work the same
  • I don't like the use of Teleports in level 2, they only work one way. needless backtracking, I would use doors
  • music is too loud, it dominates most sound effects.
  • Kama is supposed to work like a boomerang, but it disappears way to early. you could change the 'Life Out' setting (unless that was your intention)
  • second boss fight (Daitengu) clipped through lower blocks in its flying phase. I know things like this happen, but with no time limit and pause menu disabled, I was stuck. had to restart Platform Builder
don't worry about it too much! I still had a blast. I hope my notes gave you some direction to make the game even better.  ;D

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 03:28:35 AM »
Yeah, I haven't had the chance to play around in your game, but after reviewing the game for publishing, it looks like a lot of heart was poured into it. Good work!

BTW, looks like the screenshots you posted were from snapping pictures of your monitor screen with a camera. You might have an easier time just pressing F1 in Platform Builder.

cbecvil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 07:27:32 PM »
Thank you very much for your comments Gizgord. Indeed, the intention of the game is to be a bit treacherous, so sometimes you have to learn "where to fall" and some platforms are very tight. most of the time you die by not landing on a platform.
Both the characters and the backgrounds have been designed by me, and taking advantage of those of platform builder. I'm glad you like them.
It is true that in the weapon system, the best by far is the Kama, because it does more damage, and that is why I chose not to give the Boomerang-shaped projectile as much life because I think it would be too much advantage.
later I'll make using tetsubishi and metsubishi necessary to advance, but I don't think they serve as the main weapons of the game. Thanks for reminding me.
thank you also for telling me about the red transparent routes, I did not know! I'll change it and turn the music down a bit.
As for Daitengu, it has been a headache, it gave me many problems, it flew away, etc, but rather because of a platform builder problem, which has been solved with the new update. What it could do is activate the pause menu. Ehh ... how do I do it?
Again thank you very much for everything, this helps a lot to continue working on the game. I am already doing the next phase, near Kyoto, then the ninja province of Iga, and so I will continue the story of how Hanzo went to meet the one who would become his lord, Tokugawa Ieyasu. It's a lot of work, but I am eager and excited. thanks Gizgord.

cbecvil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 07:34:28 PM »
Thank you Tingthing for your comment too. and thanks for telling me that with F1 screenshots are made. I didn't know either. Bear with me because this is my first time making a game. Thanks again.

cbecvil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2022, 12:54:31 PM »
new stages and progress in HANZO KID ADVENTURE. Although some time has passed, I am still working on my game. I've tweaked a few things and advanced to the third province. I put some screenshots of the new phases. I need Thinthing to remove my game from the explore section in order to re-upload it with the new trailers (sorry but for unknown reasons it won't let me do that). I hope you can see my new progress. Thanks in advance THINTHING, and I'm already looking forward to seeing the improvements in the new version of PB. This program is great. All the best.

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 01:15:34 AM »
Looks very epic so far. Definitely one of the best projects on here. Keep up your good work and continue staying with us!
My Projects:

cbecvil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2022, 06:16:36 PM »
Hanzo Kid It already has a video on YOUTUBE, more than anything to advertise PLATFORM BUILDER.
Enjoy it!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 09:35:29 PM »
Hanzo Kid It already has a video on YOUTUBE, more than anything to advertise PLATFORM BUILDER.
Enjoy it!
This is the best [a lot of words TT wouldn't want anyone to say] thing I've ever seen
Very cool! Congrats on that. I could even help you to make a better trailer because the game looks so [the same words than above] cool it feels like of pitty to see watermarks from the video editor and recorder.

Anyways, I'm hoping to play the game soon, it really made me want to play!!!
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2022, 08:30:33 PM »
Hi, cbecvil!

You have a very beautiful and attractive-looking game there. :) Definitely, not a standard type of PB game but a completely new and different from what we can see in PB. Must have done a lot of recreations of new things.
Alley (T_Alj5)