Author Topic: Is there a mechanic to loop the music at a specific point?  (Read 1535 times)

Kemuja

• Welfare Team Captain
  • Level 1: Bizz
    • View Profile
Is there a mechanic to loop the music at a specific point?
« on: July 05, 2021, 11:59:49 AM »
I've heard few game's OSTs, that has a normal start, but when it reaches end, it would loop at a specific point of the music (or like a "Loop point")

Does Platform Builder have this mechanic?
And if not, this would be nice to have, even if most may not utilize it due to the difficulty.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Is there a mechanic to loop the music at a specific point?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 12:38:19 PM »
I didnt used PB since over 4 months but im still 99% sure custom loop points arent implemented. I heard there's an universal method that consists of directly altering the file to choose a custom loop point but I never tried this myself
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 12:39:43 PM by warrior »
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 02:05:45 PM »
PB doesn't have that feature. for my game, I just cut the music into two tracks and activated them with a timeline
Code: [Select]
00:00:00 - music = upload [ID]
//the beginning of your song
00:30:00 - music = upload [ID]
loop music = true
//the looping part
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 02:06:01 PM by Gizgord »

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 02:52:18 PM »
PB doesn't have that feature. for my game, I just cut the music into two tracks and activated them with a timeline
Code: [Select]
00:00:00 - music = upload [ID]
//the beginning of your song
00:30:00 - music = upload [ID]
loop music = true
//the looping part
@Gizgord I though about suggesting something like that but I didnt know if it would break for example if the player pauses. Is it the case?
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 03:57:42 PM »
@Gizgord I though about suggesting something like that but I didnt know if it would break for example if the player pauses. Is it the case?
yeah, it breaks... a little oversight on my part. you could disable pause until the first track is finished (which sounds silly), or maybe add 'loop music = false' to the first event. then you'll potentially play in silence, but at least the song's not gonna randomly cut off

Tarkus1971

• Level 1: Bizz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 03:28:20 PM »
so .ogg music files do not automatically loop after the tracks end. Hope this is fixed, that is pretty much what I need for my music files.