Author Topic: Free software for making music: Bosca Ceoil  (Read 2549 times)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Free software for making music: Bosca Ceoil
« on: May 18, 2020, 03:29:37 PM »
Have you ever wanted to make your own music for your games, but you're too poor to afford FL Studio?
Have you ever tried LMMS but you saw you're too dumb for creating good music with the program?

For the non-creative/skilled mortals like you and me, sometimes things can get really really hard. That's why I decided to show you a program I found thanks to the YouTuber brackeys which is simple and easy to use for making music but enough powerful to make something really interesting.

This is called Bosca Ceoil.
https://boscaceoil.net

Bosca Ceoil is a free and easy software for creating music for stuff made by the popular game creator Terry Cavanagh, known by making games like VVVVVV or Super Hexagon.

The game has a built in guide which explains easily how to use the program.

I have -500 musical skill and I couldn't be able to make anything really good with the program, still probably I made cooler stuff than with the other yet known programs already mentioned, but I saw other people that can make really cool stuff with bosca ceoil so you might want to take a look at it.

Its also very lightweighted if your pc lacks of speed.

The program is very cool but has some stuff that can be improved with HUDs etc but anyways, this will probably help you.

Stay safe! Good luck!
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Free software for making music: Bosca Ceoil
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 03:42:08 PM »
Have you ever wanted to make your own music for your games, but you're too poor to afford FL Studio?
Actually the problem is that nobody have a mac
Btw what noobs even use FL Studio in 2020 Lmms is open source and much easier lmaooo
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 03:47:28 PM »
Actually the problem is that nobody have a mac
Btw what noobs even use FL Studio in 2020 Lmms is open source and much easier lmaooo
Yeah, nobody have a mac. Why the heck do you want a mac? Bosca Ceoil works on windows correctly
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 06:23:47 PM »
I have LMMS, and used it to write a couple songs. I can't seem to write music unless I'm in the right mood. I've got a 10,000$ electronic Yamaha Clavinova CVP-98 piano which is nothing but awesome, and yet I can't write anything good unless I feel inspired. I'd use these kinds of programs just to correct mistakes, which I have not yet done before.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 03:06:39 PM »
I have LMMS, and used it to write a couple songs. I can't seem to write music unless I'm in the right mood. I've got a 10,000$ electronic Yamaha Clavinova CVP-98 piano which is nothing but awesome, and yet I can't write anything good unless I feel inspired. I'd use these kinds of programs just to correct mistakes, which I have not yet done before.
Guess I'll never understand people who buy 10.000$ pianos for music.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 03:33:32 PM »
Nah, it was given to me. I wouldn't have bought it myself.