Author Topic: first thoughts on PB10 graphics  (Read 896 times)

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
first thoughts on PB10 graphics
« on: February 18, 2022, 05:55:21 PM »
I didn't care for Beta releases in the past, but I was eager to use the new graphics since the thing was announced. it's easily the biggest feature of PB 10.

so far, I really dig the new look. not everything changed, I immediately noticed that barriers stayed the same. it looks kinda jarring when you compare them next to doors (which were redone). most entities like enemies, items and what-not are mostly the same, but touched up. fair play, I expected that. I never saw anything wrong with them in first place but you added that definition. this game got a lot more colorful, pleasing and interesting to look at. I'm glad that legacy graphics are still available, because I grew to like them, but they've got nothing on this.

some things will need time to get used to; underwater and volcano tilesets are vastly different, but I definitely prefer them. they are much better.

I must say, you knocked it out of the park with the characters. they look sooo good. new design options are great. I just have two nitpicks so far: the cape does not hang in the air as it should when you glide and hover. it doesn't look right especially because capes move when you're falling. second, this is personal preference, but jumps look slightly odd when you can see only one hand.

here's some screenshots I took today.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Re: first thoughts on PB10 graphics
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 05:18:59 PM »
Glad you're overall happy with the new look! Special thanks to our graphic artist, Casey Sharpe for her work on this!