Author Topic: My first time sharing my piano playing! (This is PB related)  (Read 1670 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Okay. A few times I have said I play piano. I'm good at playing by ear. And this demo recording has a few minor mistakes in it that I made while recording it. I recorded it with a microphone that doesn't record music all that well. I'm going to get loaned a good microphone for ASM's soundtrack. I would put this in resources, but since you probably wouldn't use it, I decided to put it in here. If you want it to be in your game, go for it! In one part of the song, it get's really loud and high pitched. And the song is actually a Yoshi's Woolly World song called, "Yoshi and Cookies". The file PB ready. And another thing about it being a bad recording is that you can hear the keys being lifted at some parts. It's actually 2 different recordings. The piano is electric with a lot of good sounding instruments. It also can record, then you can play while recording. That's what I did. I pre recorded one part, then while the recording was playing I filled in some gaps. Hope you like it! I'll do more of this sort of stuff in the future.

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: My first time sharing my piano playing! (This is PB related)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 11:36:16 PM »
it gets off in few places, but nice job nonetheless.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 11:39:05 PM »
I know. I did make a few mistakes in that piece.  But I'm glad someone finally commented!

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 10:58:18 PM »
LOL!
It sounds like you hit the piano and keys really hard. Because of the annoying background noise. Sounds like you recorded this on your cell phone.
You should use a music program instead. And yes I know this thread is old. ;D
My Projects:

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 12:13:33 AM »
Ugh...this post is such an embarrassment. And yes, it was recorded on a phone.

Right now, I'm making music like crazy, and only recently has it gotten to the point where I feel like I'll be willing to share it with you guys soon. Problem is, I usually don't find inspiration from tunes I like. So it tends to fall apart. But I hope that I'll be making stuff that's a whole lot better. I have a newer post (it's also old) that has an entire collection of songs I wrote. But they're all messes. So I don't recommend giving them the time of day.