Author Topic: Simple change to items  (Read 887 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Simple change to items
« on: July 26, 2018, 11:37:04 PM »
In the item creator, I need a command prompt controlled punishment. If the character louses the item acquired, then why not add commands so that if the item with a specified ID is lost, it does things like, give item= (ID) or killing the character and anything else command prompt does. So, that should be easy to put into 5.4.  Why do I need this? In ASM I have been struggling to find a solution to see how the player collects items. At first, (were talking old PB versions) I was wanting it to work like any classic mario game. But, at the time that wouldn't work. Even today. Then I thought it would work like Mario galaxy or something. That's what I've been doing. But honestly, I do not like that setup for a 2D game. So, if the player collects the super candy (it replaces the mushroom) it changes all of the super candies into boomerangs that don't work as good as the super boomerang (check the The adventures of super mike 1 game forum located in "Works In Progress.) If you then collect the Super Boomerang, then lose it, I have no way to make it to make the character get the normal common boomerang. So, that's why I need this for my project.