Author Topic: Project ASM suggestion list of needs, and non needs.  (Read 1319 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Project ASM suggestion list of needs, and non needs.
« on: August 01, 2018, 08:34:05 PM »
If this isn't the right place to put this, then I don't know where to put it. But here are suggestions I need to be taken to complete Project ASM (The Adventures of Super Mike.) The list is a work in progress, and Ting Thing did once tell me via e-mail, "Don't make a game that requires features PB doesn't currently support" or something like that. Anyway, the following list is a list of things I didn't realize I needed until I realized they were needed. The list is a work in progress.
  • A new punishment for lousing an item: If the character dies, the item louses the effect.
  • Pipe spawn part needs an option to "Use previous character" instead of forcing you to choose a character you don't need.
  • Option for enemies to hurt or kill other enemies on contact
  • Item settings for moving very fast
Short list so far. But below is a bigger list of things I would like to have, but do not need for this particular game...
  • A store to store items (Refer to suggestions topic page for details)
  • Capture ability
  • Cannons where the character get's in, then you use the mouse to aim, then blast the player away.
  • Custom buttons/menues (Actually, This is needed for the full game, or second demo.) (Refer to suggestion topic page)
  • Ice enemies: Make an ice-ball like projectile so that on contact, the enemies turn to ice. The projectile can be set up to tell it how long it is iced. Also, make the ice cubes ground-poundable (that's a made up word) and melt-able if an object with fire properties hits it.
  • Cut-scenes  on title screen, victory screen, game over screen.
Another list I just added: Here are suggestions I would really like to have and would rather have for the demo that I hope to see in PB soon.
  • Homing attack on enemies (would be used for max)
More suggestions to come!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:30:38 PM by Christian Game Maker »

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: Project ASM suggestion list of needs, and non needs.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 08:45:41 PM »
Ting_Thing is having a point saying that don't make a game with features that PB currently doesn't have. A lot of things can be added to the game already by using tricks, commands, and timelines. You can work on everything with features that PB currently have and you also can change something when PB is going to have some new features to have at least something.  ::)
If you are going to wait for all those suggested features instead of working on your game then you will lose a lot of time.
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 10:35:35 PM »
I do understand. But, all of the needed features are small, and very easy to put into the game. The second list are just things that I would like to have in the game, but are not at all nessisary to be in the game. The things on the first list are easy to program, and not a big deal. Right?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 09:22:00 PM »
Might not. In my programming experience, nothing is that easy nor quick. Mostly everything cost time. Often even things that seem to be easy and fast to program are actually not if you take it... I think if everything you say would be easy then we already would have all those features and also, Ting_Thing have to make some his own priorities come true. Some features that we would like to see come true may never happen which is normal.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:23:00 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 11:41:37 PM »
Yeah, you have a point...